Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first pair of mma gloves

Options
  • 22-09-2009 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

need to get a pair of mma gloves as will be doing the odd bit of mma but not looking to buy top of the range stuff. for a normal pair what would i be looking at paying?? was on ebay and there are lots of different types of weights and makes (gel, leather, etc) so not sure what would be best to start off with. any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Fightlord do good quality leather 4oz MMA gloves for 50 euro, I'm sure loads of they guys here who compete in the MMA league can give you reviews on them, they're very popular. You can buy them online or arrange to pick them up from the office in Santry if you live close and want to save on the postage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭bungaro

thanks for the reply maeve. so 4oz is the weight i should be going for?? was wondering what the difference was between all the weights in the gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

I guess it depends on what you want them for...

normally 4 or 5 oz for competing, something like these:
    http://www.fightlordshop.com/detail.php?StockCode=FGV12&Level1=24

and then 8oz for training/sparring like these:
    http://www.fightlordshop.com/detail.php?StockCode=FGV15&Level1=24

I wouldn't buy something really cheap, they'll just fall apart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 omen2323

I wouldnt go for gel gloves any way, for a nice pair you'd be paying near the 50 mark... but maybe on ebay you could find a cheaper pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

omen2323 wrote: »
    I wouldnt go for gel gloves any way, for a nice pair you'd be paying near the 50 mark... but maybe on ebay you could find a cheaper pair.

yea i got my first pair of 4oz gloves off ebay from a company called b2 fitness. got decent gear for beginners at good prices. would recommend them for price anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭bungaro

cheers wandy, went with a pair of gloves from them alright, great choice

wandy wrote: »
    yea i got my first pair of 4oz gloves off ebay from a company called b2 fitness. got decent gear for beginners at good prices. would recommend them for price anyway

I was looking at getting shin pads from b2 fitness, are they a good seller?

I was looking at getting shin pads from b2 fitness, are they a good seller?

Yea i found them extremely quick I ordered a pair of gloves one morning and they arrived next day i think and my mate ordered a pair and arrived same time scale. Good communication too. Is it the black RDX shin pads for about £20? Was thinking about getting a set dem myself

bungaro wrote: »
    cheers wandy, went with a pair of gloves from them alright, great choice

no problem. here to help :cool:

wandy wrote: »
    Yea i found them extremely quick I ordered a pair of gloves one morning and they arrived next day i think and my mate ordered a pair and arrived same time scale. Good communication too. Is it the black RDX shin pads for about £20? Was thinking about getting a set dem myself

Yeah man, the caption is "PRO Leather Shin instep removable Pad MMA Leg Guard " but they are the RDX ones, they look to be the best there, from what i can see, but im considering going for a pair of the twins thai boxing shin pads, i know people with the twins ones and they are good, but they are more expensive..

• Advertisement

Yeah man, the caption is "PRO Leather Shin instep removable Pad MMA Leg Guard " but they are the RDX ones, they look to be the best there, from what i can see, but im considering going for a pair of the twins thai boxing shin pads, i know people with the twins ones and they are good, but they are more expensive..

Yea thats the exact same pair I was gonna go for. Decided to leave it and not rush into buying a pair and them turn out to be knackered b4 long

Advertisement