Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation: Ia Drang Valley ....The Battle for LZ XRAY! This Saturday night the 26th

Options
  • 22-09-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

ia_drang_poster_02.jpg

In late October '65, a large North Vietnamese force attacked the Plei Me Special Forces Camp. Troops of the 1st Brigade of the 1st Cavalry were sent into the battle. After the enemy was repulsed in early November, the 3rd Brigade replaced the 1st Brigade .
    After three days of patrolling without any contact, Hal Moore's 1st Battalion, 7th Cavalry was ordered to air assault into the Ia Drang Valley on Nov 14. his mission: Find and kill the enemy!
    At 10:48 AM, on November 14th, Moore was the first man out of the lead chopper to hit the landing zone, firing his M16 rifle.

Little did Moore and his men suspect that FATE had sent them into the first major battle of theVietnam War between the American Army and the People's Army of Vietnam and into history.

Event details.
    Operation:
    Ia Drang Valley
    The Battle for LZ XRAY
    This event is a night operations MilSim event combining Airsoft with a Vietnam timeline.

Things to bring with you!
    What you must have to play*

• Camping gear
    • Food/Water (bring snacks for the night games)
    • Vietnam Uniform If you can’t manage to get these in the time frame come with up with something as close as you can get it!
    • Airsoft equipment (Vietnam era AEG and sidearm if possible, spare batteries, a torch* and glow stick* red for VC and green for G.I.’s, Comms*, also a full face mask)
    • Change of clothes if it gets wet.

Arrive on site Saturday evening 26th of September at 8:30pm and no later than 9:00pm for registration, briefing and to prepare for battle.
    The experience will kick off around 9:30pm and finish around 3:30am Sunday morning then it will be a few beers and craic around the fire if you have any energy left!

Prices:
    Saturday night ops: €25.00
    Saturday night and all day Sunday €40.00, Games start on Sunday morning at 10:30am and finish at 5:30pm.

Limited places for the night Ops!!
    We will provide power for charging your batteries.
    You can register for this event on this thread in the form of:

Name:
    Team if Any:
    VC or U.S.
    or by emailing bookings@fingalairsoft.com

Please read our rules and regulations on our website and download the waiver and sign it and bring it with you.
    We hope you enjoy our night operations at Fingal Airsoft.

Bren.

PS. Mods please move to the retailers section.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

Don't forget to do your patented anti-rain dance.Cant break the run of great weather we've had for all your night games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

God damn it... If there had been any decent notice for this I'd have been up for it. Hope the event goes well :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Glad to see this materialize., :)

Im looking a little doubtful for a few more weeks but i'll be trying to get out to this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Best of luck with this bren hope its a great night for ya's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭chris20

i know ill regret this haha count me in

chris
    team:hornets
    VC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

:DGood Luck with this Bren hope it goes well for you .Martin is dying to get upto one of your night event at this stage they are legendary;)
    regards Martin and Evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

Hey Bren,

Just confirming myself plus one. see ya saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Added to events calendar. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

If anybody wants to come to the site before it gets dark to set up camp, that will be no problem;);).

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

best of luck with this bren,that place is cool enough in the day light but in the dark it must be asome,will see if i can get a green card for this sat night.......if not ,i read somewhere the brain eaters are coming out around halloween will be out for that defo....cheers FM

• Advertisement

best of luck with this bren,that place is cool enough in the day light but in the dark it must be asome,will see if i can get a green card for this sat night.......if not ,i read somewhere the brain eaters are coming out around halloween will be out for that defo....cheers FM

Hey it would be great to have you along FM:D;) but if you can't make this weekend keep October the 25th and 26th free;);), and if things go to plan we shall be announcing something extra special late next week:eek:

Bren

Not long now for the night game:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

hey Bren, just a quick thank you from myself and Steve. It was a great a game and more importantly and great bunch of lads there. Will defo be back down (this time with comms :D:D:D)

Any of the Hornets lads that are looking for contact details please, by all means pass them on...

See ya soon.

Dave

Lonew0lf wrote: »
    hey Bren, just a quick thank you from myself and Steve. It was a great a game and more importantly and great bunch of lads there. Will defo be back down (this time with comms :D:D:D)

Any of the Hornets lads that are looking for contact details please, by all means pass them on...

See ya soon.

Dave

Hi Dave,

It was great to have you guys along and we look forward to having you back on site real soon:)

Bren

Thanks to everyone who attended and made this a class event, great gameplay everyone;):)

Bren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

Hey it would be great to have you along FM:D;) but if you can't make this weekend keep October the 25th and 26th free;);), and if things go to plan we shall be announcing something extra special late next week:eek:

Bren
    Something extra special what could this be ???????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:????????

Advertisement