Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import Duties

Options
  • 22-09-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, looking for help with trying to understand this.

I bought electrical equipment from china P&P free, UPS asked for a receipt so customs could clear this, which I sent and on delivery the extra was paid, item handed over and signed for. Then 3 weeks later I receive an invoice from ups to say a further amount is due, "Weight adjustment based on ups audit" import duties and import vat.

I contacted the seller about this and he said he paid the exact same amount to ups for shipping as they are now looking for from me.

I thought everything would have come at the time of delivery, are they trying it on to see if they can get more out of me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭TaxingTimes

I would try to clarify this with ups.

However, you should note that shipping costs are different from import duties and import VAT.

Advertisement