Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Closing Date?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,

Does anyone have an idea when the latest date is that you can apply to do your leaving cert? I know someone who is very interested in going back to do her Leaving Cert again (at 29 years old) and is a bit unsure of what way to go about doing it.

Do you have to be enrolled in a school for the year or can you just obtain a Leaving Cert number to take the exams in June next year?

Are there any part-time evening courses that anyone knows of? It's obviously a big decision to make but could be a very inportant one.

Loads of questions there I know but if anyone has any information I (and she) would really appreciate it!!

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

for leaving cert 2010 you can apply online at www.examinations.ie . Closing date is January 2010 I think.

You don't have to be enrolled in a school. There are special centres for external candidates. Alternatively if one of these is not convenient you can ask a local school if you can sit the exam there (no need to attend classes).

However for some subjects like the sciences and history, geography, religion, there are experiments/projects to be carried out so these are more difficult to do on your own

you'd have to google leaving cert courses to find these but most will have started by now and may be booked up.

You can get past exam papers, marking schemes with solutions and chief examiners reports at www.examinations.ie . You can get the syllabi at www.education.ie . There are other resources like www.skoool.ie

Once you are over 23 you'd don't need the leaving cert to apply to college. But many over 23s do it anyway because they feel they left something behind when they were 17.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tentoten

Thanks a million for that information Pathway. That really helps!

Advertisement