Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eh biology wtf

Options
  • 22-09-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

what do you need to know? doin it on my own for leaving.

from the first 5 to 10 chapters what are important parts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

kayashi wrote: »
    what do you need to know? doin it on my own for leaving.

from the first 5 to 10 chapters what are important parts?

Well what book are you using? You should study it by doing each related part together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kayashi

the books actually just called biology. i picked this coz im interested in this kind of thing and even though i hated science for junior i was a fan of biology part

the books actually just called biology. i picked this coz im interested in this kind of thing and even though i hated science for junior i was a fan of biology part

Ok is it green and is it by Edco? Written by Micheal O'Callaghan?

Or is it another book? Give us the author and publishing place if it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kayashi

thats the one ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

thats the one ye
    No chance of telling us the names/titles of the chapters? That way we might be able to help you a little.

• Advertisement

thats the one ye

Good. Im using the same one. Heres how best to procede to study, this is the easiest way:
    Start with:
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2 (skim through these)
    then do,
    Ch 20
    Ch 21
    Ch 22
    Ch 23
    Ch 39
    Then move on to,
    Ch 7
    Ch 8
    Ch 13
    Ch 3. Once you have done these, revise and test yourself. All these chapters should take maybe a week or 10 days. Just make sure to review and test urself at the end of each chapter.
    Next:
    Ch 9
    Ch 10
    Ch 26
    Ch 27
    Ch 28
    Ch 29
    Ch 30
    Ch 31
    Ch 32
    Ch 34
    Ch 35
    Ch 36
    Ch 37
    Ch 38
    Ch 42. Test again. This section will take maybe 2 weeks. Revise and test yourself.
    Next:

CH 11
    Ch 24
    Ch 25
    Ch 33
    Ch 40
    Ch 41
    Ch 4
    Ch 6. Revise

Then
    Ch 14
    Ch 15
    Ch 16
    Ch 17
    Ch 18
    Ch 19 These are much harder chapters. Revise and test!!
    Finish
    Revise and test after each chapter and above section.

Thats the best way to do the whole course, it looks long but its not that bad at all. Just keep at it. I put the chapters in that way because that is the best way to study them as in all the related chapters are together rather then doing it by 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc.

Just PM me if ya need any help at all and I have some good notes if you want em.
    Hope that helped. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

1. Evolution (short and long questions this always comes up)

2. The human reproductive system.

3. The lymphatic system

4. Know the methods for ecology and also the calculations for the experiments.

5. Nerve system

6. Blood

7. DNA (this is also a major topic every year)

8. Know all your experiments (ecology, food, dna testing are the main ones)

9. Methods of conservation are becoming popular due to the global warming and climate change.

10. Be sure you can draw all the diagrams for every section...alot of marks are going for these and be sure you can label them all...

There is a range of biology books available but I always recommend Biology Today (€38). This book is the best!! it cuts out all the bull and waffle and only concentrates on what you need to know for the exams.

Keep going through test papers...they are the only way you will improve on answering questions and your knowledge. Try doing them without the book..

If you have any trouble let me know (bio teacher!)....I'll get back to you ASAP everytime...I am usually online most of the day...

www.skoool.ie is really good for notes too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

First of all, there are 3 definite sections that are going to come up. They are:
    1) Ecology
    2) Photosynthesis/Respiration
    3) Genetics

These will appear in some shape or form on the exam paper.

Second of all, just relax. Biology isn't difficult, but's there's a lot of it to learn. Chapters such as Nutrition, Ecology and the Ecosystem are a walk in the park. All that needs knowing there are the definitions.

Everything you need to know is here.
    http://skoool.ie/examcentre_senior.asp?id=2093

We were told to download or buy the exam syllabus, which can be found here:
    http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/lc_biology_sy.pdf?language=EN

Have fun!

Advertisement