Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LaTeX help.

Options
  • 22-09-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm doing a small assignment in college which I've nearly finished but I can't get one bit to work.

Basically I'm trying to run a simple shell script when I click on a link in a pdf file that opens a terminal and runs GAP.

Here is what I have:
    Click \href{run:openGap}{here} to try GAP for yourself.

When I click on the link, it opens up my script in a text editor, but when I run the script from my terminal GAP runs as expected.

Maybe I'm using the wrong command?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

If you double-click on your script from within your window manager (Gnome?) what happens? I'm guessing it opens in an editor? If so, you'll need to change that in your window manager, as it's probably making the decision about how to open the "openGap" file.

However, this won't fix it for other users. Not sure what to suggest for that for it to be foolproof, I'm afraid. A short compiled C program that launches what you need (or simply runs the script) might do the trick, if that'd be allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I just get these options, one of which is to run it in a terminal.

All we can attach is the shell script and the pdf file. I might just assume that it works on his machine and send it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

This isn't something I've tried, but it's along the lines of what was mentioned earlier about file types. According to this page, you might be better to name your script, if possible, to openGap.sh, so that it's recognised as being a shell script?

Advertisement