Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bluetooth

Options
  • 22-09-2009 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

brought in bmw 3 series from england and cant seem to get the bluetooth to work. i think it must be programmed for english numbers or somethin. anyone got any ideas what could be wrong and is there anywhere around dublin or kildare that i could bring it to get it sorted cheaply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,410 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What bluetooth system does it have?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If it's factory bluetooth then the instructions will be in the handbook.

might sound like a stupid question, but the car definitely has Bluetooth?

s55.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The actual cradle's a phone-specific extra, a car can have factory bluetooth but no cradle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

Need to know what type of phone, and what Bluetooth kit you've got.

Nokia and Parrot are fairly common Bluetooth kits - it might also be a BMW branded kit.

Bluetooth will work from country to country so there's no problem in using an Irish mobile - you just need the codes to 'pair' the kit with the phone. Once paired, they usually work well.

Post details here if you can........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭roxychix

its a parrot bluetooth system
    but the phone is a samsung tocco
    dont know if it will work or be compatible where would i get the codes to pair with it not really sure how to work it either
    my phone picks up on the bluetooth but where do i go from there entering this code etc.

It's simple enough (presuming it's a parrot CK3100 LCD)
    On the parrot kit go to

Settings > Pair with Phone,

then on the Tocco
    Menu > Bluetooth > Search > Connect

Pin is 1234.

Phone will ask you to authorise device.

Then you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have had problems authorising my tacco, on pairing with some devices it ignores the authorisation process. It has a rep for poor Bluetooth compatibility

I have a Tocco and a CK3100 and have no such problems.
    you can authorise the device manually anyhow.

Advertisement