Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online analytics of other sites

Options
  • 22-09-2009 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I came across a great site that I could input any website address and it would give me

- hits per month
    - per year
    - name of .com owner

Not interested in the names but thought that might help with someone telling me what the site was - I thought I bookmarked it but it ain't in bookmarks! Would anyone know a good site for this sort of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Probably Alexa.com - Don't waste your time with it. It's complete cod, it relies on the traffic details of users who have the Alexa Toolbar installed, most of whom are teenagers based in the USA or China so the results are completely skewered.

Also a word of warning - if you ever encounter someone trying to sell you a web product/service who quotes Alexa, turn and walk away. No self-respecting web professional uses it as a metric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Truss

No that wasn't it - it had a large breakdown of info for the site - not that Alexa is a polished site but in comparison this site looked a little more dated in its design.

Will keep looking, thanks though!

Advertisement