Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design for new tattoo

Options
  • 22-09-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hiya all,
    I'm looking to get a new tattoo and would like a back/shoulder piece that's quite colourful and dramatic. Am thinking I will have to design something myself or get it designed. Any hints, tips or ideas? Am thinking along the lines of reesia flowers, would like something kinda feminine and love the colour purple.
    Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Do you mean Freesia flowers?

Head into a studio, have a chat with them, tell them what you want, and see what they come up with. Bring some pics for reference so they know what they look like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Princess J

LD 50 wrote: »
    Do you mean Freesia flowers?

Yeah, I do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Go to an artist that has a great portfolio and if possible, experience in doing floral tattoos in a style that you like (as in if you want a painted look on the flower, a photorealistic looking flower etc)
    Be willing to travel......nearest doesnt mean best.
    Choose where you place the tattoo carefully, if down the line you decide you'd like something bigger or would like to extend the tattoo, you dont want this one as a hinderence.
    Don't be afraid to get a large piece, more size means more detail means a nicer tattoo, the detail and execution of this (or any tattoo) can be the difference between regret for a tattoo and pride in it.
    Bring lots of reference material for the tattoo artist to work with.
    Be open to ideas but dont get railroaded by a lazy artist.
    When asked if you're happy with the stencil dont be afraid to say no.

Advertisement