Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthurs day in Limerick any gigs/pint promos or free pints

Options
  • 22-09-2009 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

hey
    Anyone know any thing happening in limerick for arthurs day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah would love to know if any of the pubs are doing anything!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I think dolans is doing something,

Dolans Celebrates Arthurs Day with style!

Dolans on Dock Road

Thursday September 24th from 5:30pm

Come join us and play Guitar Hero on the Big Screen in the Upstairs venue from 5:30pm and be in with a chance of winning 1 of 3 Limited Edition Guinness 250 MP3 Docking Stations! Then take a break at 17:59 downstairs in the pub to toast the great Arthur Guinness on the 250th Anniversary of his signing of the 9,000 year lease on St. James’ Gate Brewery in Dublin with a lovely pint of the black stuff!

The Guitar Hero fun continues until 8pm where the action moves to the Warehouse for a night of great music with Choice Music Prize 2009 Winner Jape, well known Dublin based Alphastates and Galway band 21 Outs to be followed by the best DJ talents from LSAD. The best thing about the whole night is you can see all these bands for a celebratory €2.50!

Following the Guitar Hero fun Upstairs Green n Live take over with another rocking night of free music featuring Limerick heroes Walter Mitty & The Realists, Van Cleef & Animal Beats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Sounds good,think aubars have a swing band on,i know Mary i have a college night in clem smiths all the 3rd years theres a special on guinness is 2.50 a pint all night with.Sounds like a plan and have some gutiar hero lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sounds good,think aubars have a swing band on,i know Mary i have a college night in clem smiths all the 3rd years theres a special on guinness is 2.50 a pint all night with.Sounds like a plan and have some gutiar hero lol

I wish someone had told me about this before I went out on Teaching Practice! :pac: We really are a strange college...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

An File wrote: »
    I wish someone had told me about this before I went out on Teaching Practice! :pac: We really are a strange college...

Mary Dry eh ?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I'll buy a beer when I want to buy a beer thanks.

Burn in hell marketing/advertising bastards.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭knightmare

topper75 wrote: »

Well said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

too right !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

To Topper...............

• Advertisement

Bit harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

roumer going around that angel lane is doing guinness for 2.50 a pint too

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I wouldn't drink it in there if they paid me 2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Bit harsh

I stand by it though sparky.

I drink the stuff myself and it is a nice product. However this concept of concocting occasions to push sales is just crass. Wasn't there some skit in the Simpson's involving the Hallmark company making up an occasion in summer to sell more greeting cards?

Celebrating the 250th anniversary since the first brew? Do we really think that is somehow significant and needs to be marked? If its not the 90th birthday of this it is the 35th year since that, if you listen to the 'morkeshing' morons.

It's a ludicrously cynical attempt to drum up business for a fading product and cynically attempts to maintain its supposed status as some kind of national Irish beverage (Diageo own it and are NOT Irish. They are looking at selling the lease on St. James' gate and are waiting for the property market to pick up to do so.) I heard their Head Morkesher on the radio this morning saying he wanted it to be like St. Patrick's Day. My breakfast got confused in my stomach for a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

I stand by it though sparky.

I drink the stuff myself and it is a nice product. However this concept of concocting occasions to push sales is just crass. Wasn't there some skit in the Simpson's involving the Hallmark company making up an occasion in summer to sell more greeting cards?

Celebrating the 250th anniversary since the first brew? Do we really think that is somehow significant and needs to be marked? If its not the 90th birthday of this it is the 35th year since that, if you listen to the 'morkeshing' morons.

It's a ludicrously cynical attempt to drum up business for a fading product and cynically attempts to maintain its supposed status as some kind of national Irish beverage (Diageo own it and are NOT Irish. They are looking at selling the lease on St. James' gate and are waiting for the property market to pick up to do so.) I heard their Head Morkesher on the radio this morning saying he wanted it to be like St. Patrick's Day. My breakfast got confused in my stomach for a second.

love day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I have been asked to go for pints after work today. I don't drink guinness but now i am wondering should i take a stand against the marketing types now.:D

im refusing to go out tonight. not falling for this ridiculous marketing ploy.

doh my moron mate is going out to "celebrate". give me a break:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cici81

Seriously?!? You expected the college to reorganise TP which has had to be negotiated with loads of schools and teachers just so you could head out for the marketing ploy that is Arthur's Day?!?! Mad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Arthurs Day or not, its shaping up to be a fine evening for a couple of pints.

Anyway being Irish, do we need an excuse?:D

my mate just txt me telling me guiness is free everywhere until 6 today.

i doubt its every place and id say its prob finishing a minute before 6 as in 17:59. anyone know where this could be if its real??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Paulegend wrote: »

i doubt its every place and id say its prob finishing a minute before 6 as in 17:59. anyone know where this could be if its real??

So you are interested now that there is something free eh :rolleyes:

The Mucky Duck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cici81 wrote: »
    Seriously?!? You expected the college to reorganise TP which has had to be negotiated with loads of schools and teachers just so you could head out for the marketing ploy that is Arthur's Day?!?! Mad...

Are you trolling or did you genuinely think I was being serious there? :confused:

This forum ain't what it used to be...

Are you trolling or did you genuinely think I was being serious there? :confused:

This forum ain't what it used to be...

I agree, it's now full of people who contribute nothing and only give smart alec replies to genuine questions.

Genuinely thought you were being serious! Especially when somebody responded with the "Mary Dry" comment and you didn't reply, which I took as agreement. Honestly don't see what's wrong with what I wrote, thought it was mad that someone'd expect TP to be organised around Arthur's Day.

cici81 wrote: »
    Genuinely thought you were being serious! Especially when somebody responded with the "Mary Dry" comment and you didn't reply, which I took as agreement. Honestly don't see what's wrong with what I wrote, thought it was mad that someone'd expect TP to be organised around Arthur's Day.

Fair enough, I probably should have made a clearer response to that comment. I'm just so used to hearing the "Mary Dry" joke that I don't bother reacting any more :)

I doubt anything would ever be reorganised for "Arthur's Day", especially nothing as complicated as TP.

I'm still looking forward to having a pint though ;)

I think that's why I reacted too, I just get so sick of the whole Mary Dry thing too, and it was your comment in addition to the other one that I really responded too, I just couldn't figure out how to quote them both- sorry.. Anyway, best of luck on TP! First week nearly down already :)

RonMexico wrote: »
    So you are interested now that there is something free eh :rolleyes:

well yea a guys gotta drink:D

no doh dont drink guiness not my cup of beer:p had a free pint in smiths last march and it was putrid

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

well yea a guys gotta drink:D

no doh dont drink guiness not my cup of beer:p had a free pint in smiths last march and it was putrid

Oh no. Please dont base your opinion of guinness after drinking it in Smyths. As a guinness drinker, i can tell you now that the pints Smyths throws out is the worst slop imaginable!! Really bad and tastes nothing like a proper pint! Give it a try again somewhere else.......anywhere but SMYTHS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Daithi07 wrote: »
    Oh no. Please dont base your opinion of guinness after drinking it in Smyths. As a guinness drinker, i can tell you now that the pints Smyths throws out is the worst slop imaginable!! Really bad and tastes nothing like a proper pint! Give it a try again somewhere else.......anywhere but SMYTHS!!!

absolutely adore this guys passion,

people dont slag cos i used the word adore and its gay

Advertisement