Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Trip Tallaght to Dundrum

Options
  • 22-09-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi

Next week I'll want to get from Tallaght to Dundrum Shopping centre. I'll be parked in tallaght and dont want to drive to Dundrum. What is the story with the Luas, What ticket option would be best and how much does it cost? Where is the best place to get off one luas to walk to the other line and how long roughly would it take on in total from tallaght to Dundrum? Thanks for any replies but I've never been on the luas at all :) and any help is greatly appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

medoc wrote: »
    Hi

Next week I'll want to get from Tallaght to Dundrum Shopping centre. I'll be parked in tallaght and dont want to drive to Dundrum. What is the story with the Luas, What ticket option would be best and how much does it cost? Where is the best place to get off one luas to walk to the other line and how long roughly would it take on in total from tallaght to Dundrum? Thanks for any replies but I've never been on the luas at all :) and any help is greatly appreciated

Red line luas (tallaght one) goes nowhere near dundrum, only the green line one does, you can get the red line luas into the city center, and hop on the green line one at stevens green, this will get you out to dundrum, you will need two tickets for that though..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭jaffa20

You would be better getting the 75 bus and getting of at Balinteer road.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/75/

Or you could drive. The luas will be a pretty long journey and Abbey street is a longish walk to Stephen's green. The whole journey could take 1h30mins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭jaffa20

yoyo wrote: »
    Red line luas (tallaght one) goes nowhere near dundrum, only the green line one does, you can get the red line luas into the city center, and hop on the green line one at stevens green, this will get you out to dundrum, you will need two tickets for that though..

Nick

Nope, you can use the one ticket.

Calculate the fare here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

medoc wrote: »
    Hi

it will only take you 15 minutes to get do Dundrum by car.:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Nope, you can use the one ticket.

Calculate the fare here

I have a pass so wasnt sure about the fares, sorry bout that!

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Cheers guys thanks for the replies.

I have driven to Dundrum before so I know how to get there but me
    and " the boss" will be in Tallaght next week and want to go on the luas so "we" decided to go to dundrum. Might just head into the city centre instead.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Sorry for posting again but the fare calculator shows €4.30 to both Abbey Street or to Dundrum return from Tallaght. Does this make sense, how is it the same cost for Tallaght to city centre or Tallaght to Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 75 bus will get you from Tallaght (Square) to beside Dundrum Centre in 35/40 minutes.

Why go all the way into town?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,313 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thread split.

This is a year old. Closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

KC61 wrote: »
    The 75 bus will get you from Tallaght (Square) to beside Dundrum Centre in 35/40 minutes.

Why go all the way into town?

Does the 75 run every five minutes? Last time I was on it from Rathfarnham to Dundrum it went around the world for sport around Barton Road and I would have been quicker walking during the rush hour :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

It runs when it wants to run. Even if its a circuitous route its a bit more direct than going from Tallaght to Dundrum via the City Centre!

Does the 75 run every five minutes? Last time I was on it from Rathfarnham to Dundrum it went around the world for sport around Barton Road and I would have been quicker walking during the rush hour :mad:

Do enough people exist to warrant a 5 minute frequency on the 75? I would suggest that the current timetable is just about right to meet demand.

Bizarrely enough (and this may come as a surprise to you) but there are quite a number of people through Ballinteer who use the 75 too and who have as much right to a link to/from Dun Laoghaire and Tallaght as you do!

Perhaps you should have taken the 17 instead?

Since the timetable revision in April 2009 the 75 has become very reliable - it just took too long for that change to take place, and unfortunately a pre-conception now exists that it isn't reliable.

Victor wrote: »
    Thread split.

This is a year old. Closed.

Sorry Victor - never saw the dates!!

Advertisement