Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving in UK

Options
  • 22-09-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

Can anyone help out here? I am planning to drive from South London to Liverpool this Saturday and need to be in Liverpool for 1pm. Would i have enough time if i left at 8.30am? The route planner on AA says yes but these dont sometimes take into account local traffic.

Has anyone done this route before and how long does it take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 atomicent

give yourself more time, ok its a great road, but weekend traffic on the m6 can be terrible, id say give yourself at least 6 to 6and a half hours, id usually be going to holyhead, liverpool is that bit further. better early than late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

atomicent wrote: »
    give yourself more time, ok its a great road, but weekend traffic on the m6 can be terrible, id say give yourself at least 6 to 6and a half hours, id usually be going to holyhead, liverpool is that bit further. better early than late.

Liverpool is closer than Holyhead isn't it? spot on with the M6 though, horrible horrible motorway. It is worth using the M6 toll road as well. It costs a few quid but it is a much nicer road to drive on. still leave >6 hours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

DUBACC wrote: »
    Can anyone help out here? I am planning to drive from South London to Liverpool this Saturday and need to be in Liverpool for 1pm. Would i have enough time if i left at 8.30am? The route planner on AA says yes but these dont sometimes take into account local traffic.

Has anyone done this route before and how long does it take?

It could take you two hours just to get out of London tbh. Take the train if that's an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 atomicent

theres not much in the differnece between liverpool and holyhead really, but its a better road to liverpool, the a55 to holyhead can be choker block too with cars and trucks heading to make the ferry,

Advertisement