Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The O2 as a venue

Options
  • 22-09-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I've never been and I'm totally confused about what section is best in terms of view and sound.

I've the option of tickets in either block E or K.

Is K on a Balcony?

Is E underneath it behind the standing section?

Totally lost, if someone that is familiar with the venue can let me know which would be best to go for.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It depends on who you're going to see.

From ticketmaster, this is the seating chart and this is the standing chart.

All the seats slope up from the centre, so you should be able to see and hear from anywhere, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Deoir

yeah, I was looking at those alright.

(it's the standing one that is applicable to this event)

I don't really trust them to be honest, went to a gig a few years ago with what should have been great tickets (according to ticketmaster's pricing and seating plan) and couldn't see a thing except the lighting rig and hear anything beyond reverb.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, I havn't seen any gigs in the O2, but I was involved in it's construction and the way it's set out, you've got a good view from everywhere because of it's amphitheatre shape.

To be honest, I'd go with block E. There's nothing to block your view and you should be raised enough to see over the crowd. Plus, you'll be nearer the stage.

Here's a dodgy photo of when it was being built. attachment.php?attachmentid=91609&stc=1&d=1253626945

Block E is along the inner ring (I think it's actually just to the left, out of shot in this picture) and Block K is on the outer ring. I think it's the full block of seats on the top left of the photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Deoir

Thanks for that humanji, exactly what I was looking for.

:)

Block E it is then.

Advertisement