Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help for student housing

Options
  • 22-09-2009 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

hello.

Im a student at it tallaght.

i dont need too search for a house or apartment until next september but i need too start looking now.
    my problem is this:

there are 4 people too be moved in in total. and we are couples.

eg 2 couples of 2 people.

one goes too inchicore, one goes too clondalkin and the other too dun laoighre. and if possible, they all need too get too ballyfermot.

i am the only one with a car so it doesnt matter how far away i am too my college.

but i need too find a location on the map which has access too bus routes too all these places.

preferably not town as i think its very rough but would take all into consideration.

the best i can come up with so far is rathfarnam and even that takes two buses too get too clondalkin and inchicore.

can you help me please?!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

i havent a clue but id suggest your best bet is www.dublinbus.ie

put in the routes and try and find the best location.

Mind you what your looking for here seems to go well beyond the capabilities of the dublin transport network if your not willing to consider town, (certainly from the perspective of expecting a single bus journey for all parties)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

round dolphins bars area would suit for clondalkin and ballyfermot, but for dunlaoghire you would need to get bus into town and then get Dart to Dun laoghire, unless your going to live in town, some of the ppl are going to get 2 busses or 1 bus and 1 dart - what part of clondalkin? as luas goes out to Red Cow so that could be useful either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭OVERTONE69

your right there.

i am willing too consider a safer area of town.

even two short journeys for inchicore and clondalkin.

ihave checked dubline bus website already and i cannot find.

hence i thought someone here would have a good idea of wheres possible too do it.

8**********************
    about 5 mins from red cow in clondalkin would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

if you were to live in portobelo/rathmines, you would need to get 2 buses to clondalkin (19/122 to Dolphins barn and 151 to clondalkin) for Inchicore 19 would take you directly there, bus from Portobello 2 Dun Laoghire, maybe 44 or 48a not sure of number goes to Dun Laoghire, or walk 2 bridges down canal (10 mins) and you can get bus from leeson st, either that or get bus into town and get dart out.

Advertisement