Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Hand

Options
  • 22-09-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,
    I broke my hand last sunday in a hurling match, unfortunately i have a final in two weeks. My hand is now in a cast and look i have no chance in making the final. I would play through the pain barrier in two weeks, but I want to be as prepared as i can be. I need to take off the cast to get physio on it and ice etc to help it. But i dont want to be going too and from the hospital to get a new cast on it. Is there anything out there that is a cast but can be removed when needed? I dont want to remove it totally as I dont want to do damage. I think i saw some rugby player with a cast that I'm looking for but i have had no luck so far in finding anything. Anyone help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

You need to talk to a doctor about this - in general fractures take 4-6 weeks to heal and if they cannot do this can end up much worse than the original injury.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement