Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Novice XC

Options
  • 22-09-2009 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Does anyone know the if the venue for this for has been decided? It's listed on the AAI website as being on the 5th of December but the location is TBC... Same story for the intercounties on the 22nd of November.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭brutes

cross country is always located in hell on earth.....:).. no idea, but would hazard a guess the intercounties could be held in santry as a test run for euros?? but that may depend on ground conditions etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

brutes wrote: »
    cross country is always located in hell on earth.....:).. no idea, but would hazard a guess the intercounties could be held in santry as a test run for euros?? but that may depend on ground conditions etc..

I don't think santry will be used too much before the euros. What the standard usually like in the national novice top 10-20% of the regional novices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭brutes

Fast and furious, suppose top 20 or so would be sub 33min tenk runners, or young lads on the way up, solid runners the whole way down the field. Big field usually close on 200, its well worth doing once, a great experience and an eye opener if you think your fast!!

Fast and furious, suppose top 20 or so would be sub 33min tenk runners, or young lads on the way up, solid runners the whole way down the field. Big field usually close on 200, its well worth doing once, a great experience and an eye opener if you think your fast!!
    Sounds like a good race ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

I've heard Kilbeggan and Roscommon being mentioned as venues for Nationals. Not sure which will host Novice XC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

I was told at the weekend that the national intermediate is on in Charleville Castle, Tullamore. Don't know about the novice, but think it was all decided last weekend so someone should know.

Intercounties is on ALSAA, Dublin as far as I know ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bren74

bazman wrote: »
    I was told at the weekend that the national intermediate is on in Charleville Castle, Tullamore. Don't know about the novice, but think it was all decided last weekend so someone should know.

Intercounties is on ALSAA, Dublin as far as I know ...

I believe the National Novices are on in Coleraine. Dublin Athletics Board have posted a fixture list - attached here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

bren74 wrote: »
    I believe the National Novices are on in Coleraine.

Correct. Ulster Athletics also list National Novice in University of Ulster, Coleraine

Woodies DIY AAI Juvenile Even Age & Junior + Senior Inter County CC are at Kilbeggan Race Course

Woodies DIY AAI Intermediate & Masters CC Championships are at Lough Kee in Roscommon along with AAI Juvenile B CC Championships

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭frankeee

Cheers all for the replies:), although just checked & Coleraine is a 335 mile trip from me:(!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 moylaghshergar

Are you for real! s***!

I'm running the meath novice in less than two weeks time. I only started training a week ago so the running fitness is poor.

I'm almost twenty-eight but haven't run since I was sixteen, I won a few all-Irelands on the track underage but never on the country.

I reckon this novice will be a real test but hopefully i'll be pretty fit come all-Ireland, if i make it that far :D

Will all the top Juniors be running in the novice?

• Advertisement

Do you need to place in your regional novice to run in the nationals? Like in the underage and schools? or is it a case that anyone who wants to run can run.

shels4ever wrote: »
    Do you need to place in your regional novice to run in the nationals? Like in the underage and schools? or is it a case that anyone who wants to run can run.

fairly sure anyone can run in the national novices :)

bren74 wrote: »
    fairly sure anyone can run in the national novices :)

I think some of this thread was lost during yesterdays maintenance but Racing Flat rightly pointed out that if you have won an individual/team or county gold you are excluded from taking part in Novices.

There was also an excellent post in (I cant recall the poster) another thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055690455
    which outlined the rules (this thread is also lost). But to Shels4Ever point, there is no position qualifaction in county to qualify to race in regional, nor regional to qualify for national.

actually here is RF post -(seems to be a few threads knocking around about XC status etc)

Originally Posted by Racing Flat viewpost.gif
    Don't forget that Novice is affected by people getting ruled out. Every year the first 3 individuals home and the first 4 from the winning team will be ruled out - so 5-7 are being ruled out every year. So looking at some of the big clubs, that limits their options for Novice. Look at Rathfarnham - they have won National Inter team in 2007 and 2009 - that's 8 of their club alone who can no longer run anything other than Senior from now on. Same for Raheny, Clonliffe, DSD, over the years many of their runners will have been ruled out of Novice. Also if the top 6 in Dublin win County gold at the National Novice they are ruled out from future Novice.

Yep, maybe an AAI rules thread or something would be handy to have a line to them? I've been checking site/sites and its hard enough to find

Advertisement