Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists who accept medical card around North County??

Options
  • 22-09-2009 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where i could get a list of Dentists on the Northside who accept the medical card? I need to get my teeth seen to asap before a bad situation with a couple of fillings becomes worse.

Haven't been able to get an answer from the numbers at my local HSE centre (lots of voice mails telling me to call other numbers with similar voice mails until finally reaching a constantly engaged or perpetually ringing phone :rolleyes:) and even the local citizens information centre couldn't help!

I'd appreciate any help or direction i can get on this.
    Thanks
    DF.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I believe Redmond Molloy - with locations in North Dublin are taking medical card patients. HTH

www.redmondmolloy.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Eoineo wrote: »
    I believe Redmond Molloy - with locations in North Dublin are taking medical card patients. HTH

www.redmondmolloy.ie

Thanks Eoineo, i'll give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

DrFroggies, how did you get on? My dentist doesn't accept payment by medical card and I also need some work done. Did RedmondMolloy take payment by medical card?

What did you think of their service and treatment?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Haven't actually gotten them seen to yet - Redmond Molloy in Santry said they don't accept the Medical Card but that their surgery in Ballbriggan does - it's a little far out for me but i'll let you know if i find anywhere else.

Good luck
    DrF.
    Mark#1 wrote: »
    DrFroggies, how did you get on? My dentist doesn't accept payment by medical card and I also need some work done. Did RedmondMolloy take payment by medical card?

What did you think of their service and treatment?

Thanks,

Mark

Looks like I'll be updating before you, then - I've an appointment with the Balbriggan branch on Monday.

I've been using a private dentist in Swords for years and have been very happy with them, but got made redundant earlier this year, so it's onto the medical card from now on...

I'll post on Monday evening.

Mark

• Advertisement

Nice one Mark please do!!

Yeah its a pity there's no one in Swords excepting medical card.

Hope all goes well on Mon.

Cheers
    DrF
    Looks like I'll be updating before you, then - I've an appointment with the Balbriggan branch on Monday.

I've been using a private dentist in Swords for years and have been very happy with them, but got made redundant earlier this year, so it's onto the medical card from now on...

I'll post on Monday evening.

Mark

Short version: excellent!

Long version:

They x-rayed me, white-filled some small chips on my front teeth, white-filled a back tooth, gave me a cleaning, and all with a collective up-beat & relaxed vibe. All covered my the medical card.

Definitely my new dentist.

Mark

Short version: excellent!

Long version:

They x-rayed me, white-filled some small chips on my front teeth, white-filled a back tooth, gave me a cleaning, and all with a collective up-beat & relaxed vibe. All covered my the medical card.

Definitely my new dentist.

Mark

Well that's made my mind up!! I'm gonna call them up and make an appointment now...cheers for the review Mark ;-)

Advertisement