Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIG-SLICK-POKER Did you get my pm? Others can also give aners

Options
  • 22-09-2009 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

I sent you a PM a while ago asking is where is the best place to read all the rules in poker?

Anything is I'm interested in playing tournaments Buy in 200-300, where the best place to get info on events? I checked loads of the Irish sites but can't really find the information on where gamers do be.

I'm in athlone and willing to travel maybe 30mins to get there and 30mins back maybe even an 1hour there and 1hour back.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

I sent you a PM a while ago asking is where is the best place to read all the rules in poker?

Anything is I'm interested in playing tournaments Buy in 200-300, where the best place to get info on events? I checked loads of the Irish sites but can't really find the information on where gamers do be.

I'm in athlone and willing to travel maybe 30mins to get there and 30mins back maybe even an 1hour there and 1hour back.

Thanks

Different places use different rules but robert rules and TDA is a good place to start

Boards is probably the best place to find out info on all games in the €200-€300 buy-in range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

JP Poker wrote: »

Boards is probably the best place to find out info on all games in the €200-€300 buy-in range.

Try http://www.irishpokerrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tracks&view=rounds&Itemid=21

or http://www.irishpokerrankings.com/index.php?option=com_tracks&view=project&p=1&Itemid=13

and scroll down to get date order

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

big_iain wrote: »

On a completely unrelated note, you may want to look into changing your CMS or finding a plugin to use for search engine friendly URLs. You'll do much better in search results than with your current system that appends index.php/random stuff to the end.

Edit: I see you're using Joomla. You can set it up quite easily by going to the control panel and turning on SEF friendly URLs in system settings. You may need to enable modaccess rewrite as well, but it's pretty easy to setup.
    Also, your title tags site wide could do with improvement. I use a nice little app called Simple Meta Management. It allows for easy Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools integration as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

ianmc38 wrote: »
    On a completely unrelated note, you may want to look into changing your CMS or finding a plugin to use for search engine friendly URLs. You'll do much better in search results than with your current system that appends index.php/random stuff to the end.

Edit: I see you're using Joomla. You can set it up quite easily by going to the control panel and turning on SEF friendly URLs in system settings. You may need to enable modaccess rewrite as well, but it's pretty easy to setup.
    Also, your title tags site wide could do with improvement. I use a nice little app called Simple Meta Management. It allows for easy Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools integration as well.

We need to talk. I will try these later. but sef crashes the site. smm i havn't seen, will have a look and pm you later

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement