Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banjo festival

Options
  • 21-09-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

was there much of a crowd last year, and does there be much going on apart from the main concerts ?. might tip over on saturday, but the website doesn't seem to mention what time the concerts kick off at.. does anyone know roughly ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

The website doesn't seem to be very concise. I know of one act supposed to be playing but no mention of them in the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

The publicity doesn't seem to be up to scratch this year, for some reason. The only act I've heard that's playing is Steve Earle.

Apart from the main concerts, a lot of the local pubs will also have music and there are plenty of jamming sessions where musicians can meet up and play some tunes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 watty_stoatir

i read in thier web site that they were playing the festival

what happened to them :confused:

www.celticmusicradio.net

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

not sure tbh, town is wedged this morning though!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

There is a programme you can get with all the details of the gigs, times venues etc. on the centre page. I had a look at it yesterday, but I have no way of scanning it in. They should really have stuck it on their website.
    The headline shows are all on in the Longford arms starting between seven and eight.
    A lot of the bands like tupelo and the barcelona bluegrass band are playing in different pubs around town like keoghs and PVs, presumably for free. Sunday night would probably be good with a big banjo send off where all the acts play together apparantly. Mundy is playing that night too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

There was a guy playing outside Dennistons there around lunchtime, lots of peoples about and the weather is pretty fine so I'd say there'll be a decent turnout this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭stylers

thanks to all for the info..

Advertisement