Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eLearning course suggestions/feedback

Options
  • 21-09-2009 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I posted the same thing in comp and tech but no replies. It doesnt necessarily apply to computing (could be humanities). Any suggestions are welcome!

Hi all!

As part of a project for college I need to do a little research into what people would like to see in elearning courses i.e. topics. Honest, tutor told us to do so (in case you think am being lazy - I basically need to bounce some ideas around and get criticism etc). Based on this research I have to create an elearning course.

Am thinking maybe something to do with adult illiteracy (finer details to be worked out).

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I posted the same thing in comp and tech but no replies. It doesnt necessarily apply to computing (could be humanities). Any suggestions are welcome!

Hi all!

As part of a project for college I need to do a little research into what people would like to see in elearning courses i.e. topics. Honest, tutor told us to do so (in case you think am being lazy - I basically need to bounce some ideas around and get criticism etc). Based on this research I have to create an elearning course.

Am thinking maybe something to do with adult illiteracy (finer details to be worked out).

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks

That registered as 'adult literature' when I skimmed over it. Giggidy

A web design course could work quite well. Being online and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I know what elearning is......ahem thanks though....:)

There are plently of ecourses on "the internet" i.e. how to get on the internet...how to set up a connection etc etc.

I thought maybe a course on adult illetracy may be interesting i.e. learning to read though interactive course work...the first problem being I guess it would have to be a certain level of adult illiteracy otherwise they could not get on the net! I think it would be interesting "symbol" wise (i.e. symbols giving meaning instead of words).

Wooo hope am making sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

There are plently of ecourses on "the internet" i.e. how to get on the internet.

Kinda defeats the purpose, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I know what elearning is......ahem thanks though....:)

There are plently of ecourses on "the internet" i.e. how to get on the internet...how to set up a connection etc etc.

I thought maybe a course on adult illetracy may be interesting i.e. learning to read though interactive course work...the first problem being I guess it would have to be a certain level of adult illiteracy otherwise they could not get on the net! I think it would be interesting "symbol" wise (i.e. symbols giving meaning instead of words).

Wooo hope am making sense.
    Ha ha.

Sorry, I dont mean they are available on the internet....they are on the topic of the internet.
    An elearning course does not have to be "running" off the internet. It could be something that can be launched on a PC/laptop/Mac anywhere,anytime.

So a course could be on "How to create an internet connection" without being on the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

OP, cross posting is not allowed.
    Sorry, but them's the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

OP, It's a go.

I hope you get the info you need.

Thanks Sharp.
    BTW, is there an educational/training/teaching forum?

Anyone any more comments (yes yes I made a little typo boo boo).

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Few blanks pages would suffice.

They can't read, can they?

They are learning to read.
    They would have a certain level of understanding.

I dont see whats so funny or entertaining about the post....in particular the topic I am interested in...learning to read.

Guess the ability to read is something that most people take for granted.

I was warned AHs might not be a very good place to post this, but I have faith there might be a worthwhile post in there somewhere. A small golden nugget of information :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I was warned AHs might not be a very good place to post this, but I have faith there might be a worthwhile post in there somewhere. A small golden nugget of information :)

Well then you had better start bouncing those ideas around, we're not going to do your work for you.

They are learning to read. They would have a certain level of understanding.

I dont see whats so funny or entertaining about the post....in particular the topic I am interested in...learning to read.

Guess the ability to read is something that most people take for granted.

Just having a laugh. It is AH. Expect worse.

I did volunteer work once, helping with literacy. I didn't however, use any computer based materials.

Thanks stove.
    Ok - the last time you volunteered was it recently or a few years ago? (PMs welcome also).

Thanks stove.
    Ok - the last time you volunteered was it recently or a few years ago? (PMs welcome also).

Quite a while ago unfortunately. I've PMd you.

Advertisement