Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking what at Ballyduff ?

Options
  • 21-09-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Today as I drove into Tullamore there were two guys picking something on the side of the road and putting them into buckets, to me it looked like they were picking the heads off thistles and placing them in the buckets, it's not the first time I've seen this along this stretch of road, anyone know what they are picking along the side of the road ?? I ask just to satisfy my curiosity.

T/A
    Scawgeen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Scawgeen. Would it be beechhill growers there at the top of the hill? The daffodil place? I worked there one summer at age 14. 8 in the mornin til 8 at night, 8 to 5 saturday, for 282 pounds a week. Had good craic though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Maybe, but what are they picking on the side of the road ? It's not just at Ballyduff hill it's also on the verge on the road all the way back as far as the the bridge over the Silver river. I'm just curious as to what they are picking perhaps it the seeds of some wild herbs or something but I'd love to know.

Oh right. Its not them so. God thats wierd. May drive home that way tomo for a look:P

Nobody there this evening, but from time to time there are two or three people with buckets. I'll keep an eye out for them, curiosity will get the better of me next time 'cause I'm going to pull up in the car and ask them what they're picking.

Aye, do and keep us updated.

• Advertisement

Will do, over and out! ;)

Advertisement