Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diet help please

Options
  • 21-09-2009 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

i have never dieted before i walk around 68kg max but usulay 67 i will be fighting in the cage at 62kg so i need help to get in and around i am on a high protien diet low carb but any new ideas would be great cause im sick of chicken oh and im crap at drinking shakes i cant do anything for like 3 hours or ill get sick and there is not much fat on me so please help thanks in advance

and one last thing can i drink tea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭druss666

i never dieted before i walk around 68kg max normaly 67 i need to get down to 62kg or in and around im on a high protien low carb diet but i am already sick of chicken and im not great at drinking shakes so any help would be great im pretty lean so it wont be easy but i want to be back in the cage in bout 6 7 weeks so any help would be great thanks in advanced

and can i drink tea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm the same weight as yourself and was trying to get to 65.8 a while back and 3 days before the weigh-in I was 67.2 so I just cut down on my water intake cause I was thinking I may be over on the day. I didn't go thirsty, I just didn't lash it back.

1 day before weigh-in I was 64.9.... No special diet or atin. So you can get a few kilo's off that way. Now add the sauna and lay off the junk food the week before the fight and you should do it easily.

I find it hard to keep weight on tho! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

druss666 wrote: »
    i am already sick of chicken and im not great at drinking shakes

alternatives - tuna, turkey, lean pork, beef, nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

Being honest with you, if you've never made the weight before, its best to try do a test weight cut and see how it goes.

If you cut weight easy, then dieting may not be the best option-especially if your already on a low carb diet. You'll most likely need all the calories you can get.

A good article on cutting here-

http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html

Before giving you any other advice on cutting, how often do you train, what do you train (boxing, BJJ, Thai?), have you made that weight before, how long is it to your fight and is it the same day weigh in?

I'd imagine 5kg (roughly 11 pounds?) would be a very tough cut depending on your height and lean muscle mass-you'd be better off if you could get yourself down to around 64-65 and cut from there.

Just remember, cutting is dangerous if done incorrectly-best case, it will badly affect your performance, worst case, its potentially fatal, so never try cut too much, especially starting out. At your weight about 2-3 kilos should be max.

Tea is fine. Both green and black are natural diuretics, which means they make you pee more. They also contain caffine, which is a stimulant-so if your drinking it, its best to drink it early in the day to prevent problems with sleep. Avoid mixing it with milk.

If your just after ideas for a low carb diet, well google is your friend....

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Cooking/Low-Carb-Diet/Main.aspx

iv been as low as like 57\58 but that was when i was sick training wise i walk around between 64\66 i was 63 .9kg for the league and that was cutting i was making 65 when i was training for me first fight witch i had to pull out of due to injury i cut me arm i was training 6 to 7 days a week 3 sesions a day between 6 and 7 hours like morning could be cardio 1 and a half to 2 hours evening could be mma or bjj 2\ 2 and a half and night could be mauy thai or boxing 2 \ 2 and a half hours thats just an example i had it all done out so i train well try train all disaplins and usualy i walk around 65 but i have had a few deaths in me famliy and iv been eating and not sleeping thats why i have been having problems cause i aint been loseing when i sleep witch is one of the best time to lose but i aint been sleeping so i need help with a diet i just need to get me fitness back a bit maybe 2 weeks and then i will be ringing for a fight will get one handy I just want to be in or around the weight so then ill only have to drop a kg or so and that will be handy in the sauna thank for the help any thing else would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

i have never dieted before i walk around 68kg max but usulay 67 i will be fighting in the cage at 62kg so i need help to get in and around i am on a high protien diet low carb but any new ideas would be great cause im sick of chicken oh and im crap at drinking shakes i cant do anything for like 3 hours or ill get sick and there is not much fat on me so please help thanks in advance

and one last thing can i drink tea
    man if i was training that much id be taking plenty of carbs and still expecting my bodyfat levels to be low,low carb is fine for losing weight fast but it will leave u exhausted and you wont be training half as intensely as u could be carbed up,id recommend starting your day high carb and taper it throughout the day ending with none at night time goin to bed just have pure protein this method shud give you energy to train and prevent fatgain as your last carb meal of the day should be low carb and about 4 hours before bed then take protein goin to bed to aid in muscle restoration

you can have tea but it would be better without sugar or with artificial sweeteners tea is actually good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

i never dieted before i walk around 68kg max normaly 67 i need to get down to 62kg or in and around im on a high protien low carb diet but i am already sick of chicken and im not great at drinking shakes so any help would be great im pretty lean so it wont be easy but i want to be back in the cage in bout 6 7 weeks so any help would be great thanks in advanced

and can i drink tea

firstly, Mods should merge this with the other thread as its a waste havign two going at once

Whats your body fat %? you could probably lose some weight (fat) before you start your fight cut (water, food etc)

What is your exact diet? post a typical day. Alot of people claim to have good diets and/or low carb etc but when they list their diet its pretty poor.

heno86 wrote: »
    man if i was training that much id be taking plenty of carbs and still expecting my bodyfat levels to be low,low carb is fine for losing weight fast but it will leave u exhausted and you wont be training half as intensely as u could be carbed up,

I agree that coming into a fight, carbs are important. But we are 6 weeks away. He OP likely needs to lose weight, so he needs to maintain a calorie deficit over these weeks. Use more than he eats, cutting otu some carbs is a good way to do this (its actually very unlikely that the OP is eating an actual low carb diet).
    Once he gets closer its time to cut for the fight (totally different to cutting fat in the previous 5 weeks)

OP, start taking psyillum husk in the morning and night mixed with water, its basically pure fibre, and will remove some excess fecal matter than is often left in the bowels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Dude, really you're better off becoming a stronger 66Kg fighter.

But anyway, let me know your complete daily intake and what you're doing every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

Hey

I have a great ebook on the grapplers guide to nutrition. Its a brilliant book and a diet I follow myself. Whats your email address and I can email it to you?

Thanks

claire

naw coach i wanna drop to 62 kg evrybody else does it for the advantage so illl do the same dudes droping down form like 75 to 65 so ill do the same

and sorry i dont know how to delete the other post i done 2 by mistake sorry again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

If you haven't, cut out all salt intake for the say a week roughly while drinking just enough water to remain hydrated. Then weight yourself, might help drop a few k's.

in reply to mellor i not doing that much training as im only getting back into it i will be steping it up in a week or so im not worryed bout the training end of it at the moment that will get done regardless im more worryed about me diet and i wanna try lose as much by diet as i can so as i dont have a big cut in the sauna and this is my first time trying a diet this is what im haveing at the moment i have a shake in the morning 4 boiled eggs and a breast of chicken 4oz second meal breast of chicken 4oz and some greens third meal steak with greens and then a shake at night and im also takeing another shake for recovery each sesion and i swap chicken for tuna sometimes any help will be great

ill be back out to you col sometime next week ill bring a couple of the lads out with me that cool coach and ill have a yap with ya then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

i have a shake in the morning 4 boiled eggs and a breast of chicken 4oz second meal breast of chicken 4oz and some greens third meal steak with greens and then a shake at night and im also taking another shake for recovery each sesion

So your eating bout 6 smaller meals a day rather than 3 large ones which is good. What times are you training at? I think ya protein intake at breakfast is excessive and will not all be used. If I was you i would eat your meals in this order but this may need to be changed depending on training times/work schedule.

Breakfast
    4 boiled eggs with wholemeal toast (for energy) OR a chicken breast
    NOT BOTH AS THE SHOULD PROVIDE ENOUGH PROTEIN BY THEMSELVES

Snack (bout 11am)
    Protein shake

Lunch
    Breast of chicken 4oz and some greens

Mid Afternoon or Post Training Snack
    Protein shake with a spoon full of oats mixed in

Evening Meal
    Steak with greens

Before Bed
    Some cottage cheese or greek yogurt for slow release of protein throughout the night
    OR
    Casein protein shake (slow release will keep protein slowly reachign your muscles while ya sleep)

Just my recommendation. Your diet seemed pretty good for cutting to me as it is pretty low carb with a high protein intake but you just need to slightly alter your timings of protein intake and amounts consumed. Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Dude,

Can you give me a shout today please?

Advertisement