Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian teenagers= idiots

Options
  • 21-09-2009 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭

/FACEPALM/ :eek:

Two teenagers in Australia have handed in more than £50,000 to police, nearly a month after discovering it during a fishing trip.

15385489.jpg
    The boys may be able to keep the money if nobody comes forward to claim it

They found the money, around 100,000 Australian dollars, near the New South Wales town of Nimbin.
    The package was the size of two house bricks and contained twenty and fifty dollar notes secured with rubber bands and wrapped in brown plastic.
    Police are searching Tuntable Creek for evidence that the cash may be linked to crime, but have not yet discovered any money or clues.

We just don't want any trouble. We were sweet before the money and we'll be sweet after it.
    Teenager who found the money

The creek has been hit by numerous floods in recent months, meaning the package could have been carried over 10km before the boys found it.
    When asked why they decided to hand the money in, the boys told the Northern Star newspaper: "We just don't want any trouble.
    "We were sweet before the money and we'll be sweet after it."
    The local police have been inundated with people wanting to claim the package as their own.
    Inspector Nicole Bruce said: "We're still looking for the owner of the money.
    "We've had no legitimate claims for the money, but a lot of illegitimate ones."
    The teenagers may be allowed to keep the money, if the true owner does not come forward.

Comments

idiots but very cool if they end up getting it back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Brilliant ... now they can be complete thievin' scurvy footpads the rest of their days, and no-one will suspect!

What a stroke!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nimbin!!

Defo drug money, was in the place its gas how many locals are spaced out of their heads on weed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

Ha fair play to them for giving it in, to be honest I know I wouldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Australian teenagers = idiots

Why bother with the first word?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Something a lot of people dream about . finding a briefcase full of lolly with no strings rubber bands attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

well if i lost 10 grand i'd like it back, the person/criminal probably worked very hard for it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Let me see.

They found something that wasnt theirs, they brought it to the proper authorities and we call them idiots?

.. and we wonder whats wrong with ths country, and i'l give you a hint - its not the government

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Australian teenagers = idiots

Why bother with the first word?
    :( Your jibes.. they cut deep :(
    snyper wrote: »
    Let me see.

They found something that wasnt theirs, they brought it to the proper authorities and we call them idiots?

.. and we wonder whats wrong with ths country, and i'l give you a hint - its not the government

This

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Let me see.

To be fair, how many legit folk have $50,000 packaged up in a big money brickkkk?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The-Rigger wrote: »
    To be fair, how many legit folk have $50,000 packaged up in a big money brickkkk?

Crap, I better move mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

yup the legit folk use a briefcase

Me da.

Biggins wrote: »
    Crap, I better move mine!
    Me da.

One then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

They turned in $100,000.

That doesn't mean that they didn't pocket a larger share of money.

It makes for great cover.

One then. :pac:

thats ok, im sure biggins isnt offended :pac:

thats ok, im sure biggins isnt offended :pac:

Because he's yore da. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Adamisconfused

If the original owners are dodgy then they'll just wait for the money to be handed back to the kids and then they'll go to collect it.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

She's some sap.

best.party.ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

COREYS A HERO

Corey is the man. would have love to been at that house party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Or they've seen a simple plan and are afraid that they'll kill each other.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

God I hate that Aussie newscaster bitch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

fair play to them. you dont see many teens with morals these days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What's the deal with them saying "We don't want any trouble" sounds like someone forced them to hand it in. But nonetheless fair play to them. It's really hard to give up all that money, at least we know they're one of the fair minority of decent people living on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Latchy wrote: »
    Something a lot of people dream about . finding a briefcase full of lolly with no strings rubber bands attached

:D strings and rubber bands!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Let me see.

Perfect.

I'm off the Australia to claim my free 50,000. What questions are they gonna ask to prove it's mine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Riddle101 wrote: »
    What's the deal with them saying "We don't want any trouble" sounds like someone forced them to hand it in. But nonetheless fair play to them. It's really hard to give up all that money, at least we know they're one of the fair minority of decent people living on the planet.

Well it's almost certainly drug money.

If you took it, it'd be fairly obvious fairly quickly you'd come into a lot of money in a small enough town. This would lead to you getting murdered.

So no, they're not idiots.

Advertisement