Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

female gp in the city?

Options
  • 21-09-2009 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

can anyone recommend a nice female doctor in Waterford city, esp one who is good for "womens problems":o

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Dr Brenner out in the williamstown surgery (next to WLR) is meant to be lovely. Really caring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭foxylad

Trina Sliney, Parnell St -
    excellent - also alternative medicine practioner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

dr brennan in johnstown is lovely ( theres a male dr brennan there to, just to save confusion!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I second Triona Sliney in Parnell Street. She's also out in the Cove Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Dr Sliney is very good but afaik she isn't taking any new patients - Dr Dierdre Plant with the Kehoe Practice a very nice lady, shes a bit strict about smears though!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Dr. Audrey Farrell, 86 Manor Street,
    051-875323

She's really nice older doctor.
    She often has a younger woman filling in for her who I'm told is also lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

emo!! wrote: »
    dr brennan in johnstown is lovely ( theres a male dr brennan there to, just to save confusion!)

+1,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Dr mooney in the mcbrinn practice, in john roberts square. I started seeing her when i was pregnant and all through my "lady problems", shes lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes Dr. Mooney, I've been seeing her for nearly 3 years she insisted on having my records sent from everywhere else I'd been and delved deeper in to older complaints and got to the end of them. Really v. nice to deal with.

Same can't be said about a certain female doctor in the Keogh Practice in Ballybricken.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Same can't be said about a certain female doctor in the Keogh Practice in Ballybricken.

You're spot on there, has a reputation alright, wouldn't know what a good bedside manner is either and it's not the doctor mentioned in an earlier post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

deisemum wrote: »
    You're spot on there, has a reputation alright, wouldn't know what a good bedside manner is either and it's not the doctor mentioned in an earlier post.

I completely know who you are talking about, not great at all...Dr Plant is a sweety though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deise red

I would second Dr Plant at the keogh practice all the family use her she has an excellent manner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

thanks everyone, i have loads to choose from now :)
    ill just remember to ONLY go to dr plant if i go up to the keogh practice tho to avoid the non-nice dr, whoever that may be lol
    emo!! wrote: »

ive been to the male Dr Brennan before actually. He's really nice but for this i'd rather see a female dr so maybe ill try her , cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Like arts and crafts

Hi there

I am also looking for a female doctor. Has anyone tried Grantstown Medical Family Practice?

The two doctors are Dr Caroline Feeney and Sinead Fitzpatrick.

They are taking new patients

I haven't seen either of those GPs but I was recently in the company of friends who had very good things to say about both those doctors.

Advertisement