Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Problems!!!!

Options
  • 21-09-2009 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,
    just wondering if anyone can help. I've been claiming dole since the end of December and decided as an option if I didn't get a new job that I would start a college course. When I went for a meeting with FAS they said I would be covered under the BTEA. I put my application in and a few weeks later I got a letter saying that I was unsuccessful because I haven't been claiming dole for long enough. My social welfare office said I'm 15 days short claiming to get the BTEA. They said that if I got a letter from fas recommending I do the course it would weight the decision more in my favour, but fas say it has nothing to do with them. I've appealed the decision but now I'm really worried because if I don't have the BTEA there is no way I can afford to go to college.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the chances of me getting BTEA?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

Hi everyone,
    just wondering if anyone can help. I've been claiming dole since the end of December and decided as an option if I didn't get a new job that I would start a college course. When I went for a meeting with FAS they said I would be covered under the BTEA. I put my application in and a few weeks later I got a letter saying that I was unsuccessful because I haven't been claiming dole for long enough. My social welfare office said I'm 15 days short claiming to get the BTEA. They said that if I got a letter from fas recommending I do the course it would weight the decision more in my favour, but fas say it has nothing to do with them. I've appealed the decision but now I'm really worried because if I don't have the BTEA there is no way I can afford to go to college.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the chances of me getting BTEA?

1.Go to your community welfare officer
    2.call to your local politician
    3.call to your TD
    4.send e-mail to mary.hanafin@welfare.ie

explain your situtation to all of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Clueless09

ah it has everything to do with FAS, they can write you a letter of recommendation under the National Employment Plan, go down and tell them you need it immediately. i had no problem getting one off them- what county you in?

Advertisement