Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to lock car and mp3 was robbed........

Options
  • 21-09-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

ok stupid i know but i forgot to lock my car last night and somebody helped themselves to mp3 player and a bar of choc..(i guess its hard work) do i really have any point in reporting it to the gards obviously now im only on bout mp3 player?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Useless guards won't do anything.

Stop leaving your car open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Erm.......Im sure they'll get their top forensic detectives on it right away! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anybody want to buy an mp3 player??

NOM NOM NOM Chocolate!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

shivkk06 wrote: »
    ok stupid i know but i forgot to lock my car last night and somebody helped themselves to mp3 player and a bar of choc..(i guess its hard work) do i really have any point in reporting it to the gards obviously now im only on bout mp3 player?

Your taste in music sucks, but cheers for the snickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You could ask them if any suspicious people had been spotted humming and chewing their way around the neighbourhood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You are fairly lucky it was just your mp3 and not your car. Count yourself lucky the clever dicks who opened your door decided it necessary to educate you in the ways of basic apparatus security and not do any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Sorry to pull this thread off topic but if anyone is looking to buy a mp3 player pm me and I will throw in a bar of chocolate too, im located in Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

What kind of bar was it OP? I'll do a bit of chocolate profiling for you.
    Vain wrote: »
    Sorry to pull this thread off topic but if anyone is looking to buy a mp3 player pm me and I will throw in a bar of chocolate too, im located in Portlaoise.
    I'll give you a cold slice of pizza for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Some seriosuly funny gag's in here..he he..not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Maconkey

What was the bar of choc? :D

On a serious note, keep an eye on adverts.ie / Buynsell websites. You mite get lucky and get it back.

Sorry to hear anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Technically you're supposed to report all crimes, but if no damage was done to your car then all you'd be after is an incident report to give to your insurer. But as your insurer will refuse to pay out (because you didn't lock the car), there's probably no point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Those thieves must have been into Choc 'n Roll music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I seen a car with it's window open up fully in a car park, it was about 3 in the morning. I was very tempted to rob it, but I didn't. Anyway, I would think it was a opportunist thief rather than a career criminal, since they only took your MP3 and nothing else.

I leave my car open from time to time, it's something I forget if there is a day with lots going on, or I have a lot on my mind. Not a hard thing to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

im glad ye all find it so funny i guess what i expect posting it on here its great wya irish laugh at other ppls misfortune i wanted a decent opinion not to be made fun of

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hopefully they dont do what I did. Got an aero bar and it said it came with free music. Plugged it into my USB. Melted chocolate everywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Some seriosuly funny gag's in here..he he..not

And seriously bad spelling and rogue apostrophes as well, to boot:P

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Not locking the door might well have saved your window OP, try to see that positive although from my own experience, I know it's bloody infuriating.

Report it and become a statistic

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Not locking the door might well have saved your window OP, try to see that positive although from my own experience, I know it's bloody infuriating.

Report it and become a statistic

Actually, thats a very good point.

Way up the cost of a smashed window versus the cost of an MP3 player and bit of chocolate..

antodeco wrote: »
    Actually, thats a very good point.

Way up the cost of a smashed window versus the cost of an MP3 player and bit of chocolate..

my question is should i report it i not on bout cost of replacing the mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

im glad ye all find it so funny i guess what i expect posting it on here its great wya irish laugh at other ppls misfortune i wanted a decent opinion not to be made fun of

HAHA, what opinions do you want to hear then? Tell us so we can tell you...

Of all the places you post, you expect an honest opinion, you expect people not to laugh at you? Good one...

If you have to ask the question "should I report this crime" then you already know the answer. If you really gave a sh!t about it, you would have reported it... instead you go on the internet to ask people whom you will probably never meet... Good one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

if you told the guards that chocolate was taken
    you might have a better chance of them looking for it :D

HAHA, what opinions do you want to hear then? Tell us so we can tell you...

Of all the places you post, you expect an honest opinion, you expect people not to laugh at you? Good one...

If you have to ask the question "should I report this crime" then you already know the answer. If you really gave a sh!t about it, you would have reported it... instead you go on the internet to ask people whom you will probably never meet... Good one ;)

I rang the gards first thing n they said to call in after work and report it as i have to be there in person but talking to ppl during the day most are saying no point as it was my fault thats why i posted it here to try get some opinions instead of going wasting police time for nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

my question is should i report it i not on bout cost of replacing the mp3
    You wont get anywhere reporting it. It was your fault so making a report for your insurance company is pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Erm.......Im sure they'll get their top forensic detectives on it right away! :p

They'll have 'em working in shifts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I rang the gards first thing n they said to call in after work and report it as i have to be there in person but talking to ppl during the day most are saying no point as it was my fault thats why i posted it here to try get some opinions instead of going wasting police time for nothing

I wouldnt bother posting in here because well youve see the mentality of the regular posters in here.

I think unfortunately it was a mistake we all make them, it could have been a lot worse, I think you`l have to write this one off to experience.

Get in a few cans tonight and tomorrow things will look a lot better. Its not the end of the world, just be glad you didnt have a passport or something in there. I had my car broken into and went to the guards , I didnt leave it open they smashed the window to get in and even with a proper break in the guards basically told me I was wasting my time as there was no chance of catching whoever did it. I dont think the guards will do much other than lecture you on having left the vehicle unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Des wrote: »
    Useless guards won't do anything.

Stop leaving your car open.

:rolleyes:

What can they do? And is there really any point wasting money looking for some mp3player that was stolen because some guy left his door unlocked?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I remember one time I left my keys in the door lock:D

I copped it about 3 minutes later though while sitting in my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

been there, except they put my fly-window in. in fairness i did leave my mp3 on display. its a life lesson, i know it sux but you wont let it happen again. ringing the guards would be the responsible-citizen thing to do, they just log it and it goes in their stats for where to patrol etc.
    as for the thief, feel sorry for them, they must live the life of a petty menial common car thief. how ..... pitiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Ring the Gardai anyway. Don't help FF when they tell us that the rate of petty crime is falling. :pac:

I had my car robbed when I left it unlocked in the driveway and they got my handfree speaker. Called the Gardai and they called up. They offered to fingerprint it but I told them they money spent doing that would far exceed the value of the handfree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

...........but every cloud should have a silver lining.
    worth more than any mp3.

Advertisement