Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good Dentist?

Options
  • 21-09-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

Hi, just started having trouble with a tooth before I left Galway to come back up to Derry for Uni

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a Dentist, pref as close as possible to Duncreggan Road, or walking distance. I'm probably gonna need to have the tooth out or a root canal.

Any ideas on prices too? I gather its alot cheaper up here than down south

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You'd probably be better just calling a few and checking if they can take you. A lot of dentists in the North have huge numbers of NHS patients so finding one who can fit you in might not be too easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

+1 with Smashey. Finding an NHS dentist with spaces in NI is a 'mare of epic proportions. I had zero luck when I lived in Derry :rolleyes:

The full list of dentists in your area is available here ----> http://www.centralservicesagency.com/files/dental_lists/file/WestDentalList200909.pdf

Unless you know someone who knows of somewhere with space, it's really just a case of phoning round to see if they will take any new NHS patients. They're usually more amenable to taking on new private patients, but this is obviously a lot more expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 keith_donaghy

Theres a new NHS dental practice called oasis opening soon on the strand road / queens quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jdonnell85

I wouldn't recommend my butcher.....oh i mean dentist. Had a tooth pulled last year, the only problem was that she lefted half of it in the gum and never told me. Had to go into hospital and get it removed.

Advertisement