Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman murdered in Leighlinbridge

Options
  • 21-09-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

A 31-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the death of a woman in Co Carlow.

The 24-year-old's body was discovered at a house on High Street, Leighlinbridge, Co Carlow, at 6am this morning.

She has been named locally as Lisa Doyle from Bangnelstown and locals say she had only moved into the house two weeks ago.
    Advertisement

Gardaí have sealed off the scene for a forensic examination and the office of the State Pathologist has been notified.

The woman's body has been removed to the Midland Regional Hospital Portlaoise where a post-mortem examination is due to be carried out.

The man is being detained at Carlow Garda Station.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0920/carlow.html

Its such a cliché, but you never expect this kind of thing to happen in your hometown.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I knew her =/

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Where you from SV? I knew both people involved to see. Went to school with both at some stage but a few years in the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

from Carlow town but I knew her, talked to her a good few times.
    if this is the same person I'm thinking of..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

RIP. Poor girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

RIP :(

The guy who did it handed himself in to police in Carlow town at 6am yesterday morning.
    Not a good day for leighlinbridge yesterday with that house going on fire aswell...:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I know him very well, i was best friends with his brother and practically lived in his house. I'm shocked beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Very sad indeed :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

A tragedy for both families. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

soory read the post wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Rest in peace poor girl :(

Yep i know what you mean i know three people murdered,one at hand of her husband he also murdered their three babies :( Other one was 14 murdered by her brothers friend. :( And a young man murdered for a can of beer.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

RIP Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

RIP

Worked with her for a while, really nice and friendly.

Advertisement