Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

male brazilian

Options
  • 21-09-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have been getting the male brazilian done for quite while now with my back and sometimes chest.
    This makes me feel/look better in my opinion even though I was never very hairy. Am I in a very small number of guys doing this ? What opinions are out there male/female about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

are you gay? then its ok

if not...not ok
    ...at least by me anyway...or any of my female friends...

there's nothing particularly aesthetic about male genitalia to begin with

certainly nothing thats going to be improved by the plucked chicken look

in my humble opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Homosexuality has nothing to do with body hair.

OP the beauticians I go to advertises that 40% of their clients are male! One of my close male friends frequently gets himself 'tidied' there. If it makes you feel better about yourself then good for you tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

I think it's weird and it would be a huge turn off. It's pretty common for gay guys, maybe other men think it's sexy/nice, but most girls wouldn't. If you're doing it for you though, why does it matter if women think it's unattractive?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

lizzyvera wrote: »
    I think it's weird and it would be a huge turn off. It's pretty common for gay guys, maybe other men think it's sexy/nice, but most girls wouldn't. If you're doing it for you though, why does it matter if women think it's unattractive?

I'd imagine if he isn't gay he might very well be concerned as to whether ladies find it unattractive or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 callmedavey

not gay
    just interested in some honest individual opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm not sure what a 'Male Brazilian' is, however I (and most of the lads I train with) would certainly trim pretty tight, and I'm most certainly not ''gay''.

The reactions from women have been 100% positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think asking are you gay is a bit inappropriate and irrelevant.

I wouldn't find it a huge turn off at all. Each to their own. If you want to do it, I say go for it. If it's something you want and a woman is so shallow as to not like you because of your choice, then she isn't the woman for you. There is nothing wrong with it by any means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 00ALXANDRA00

if you're a nice guy it wouldnt turn me off at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

It's not shallow to have preferences with these things, it's shallow not to see past them, sure, but if he's doing it to impress women it's a bad idea. If my own OH did it, I would obviously accept him as he is and not move out and forsake years of work and dedication, but I would find it very unattractive and I'd wonder if it's worth the pain.

If he's doing it for himself, that's up to him.

(Waxing your balls is far more common in the gay community. There's nothing wrong with being homosexual so there's no need to be defensive on behalf of OP if he's doing something that is associated with the gay community at the moment in this country. If he was wearing make up people would also wonder, although some straight men also wear make up. It's a fair question because other gay men might find it less unusual than straight women.)

(Waxing your balls is far more common in the gay community. There's nothing wrong with being homosexual so there's no need to be defensive on behalf of OP if he's doing something that is associated with the gay community at the moment in this country. If he was wearing make up people would also wonder, although some straight men also wear make up. It's a fair question because other gay men might find it less unusual than straight women.)

the first time i had this done the girl said that i was the third male brazilian she had done that day (4.30 Friday) and that the guys in their early twenties tended to be openly gay but the older majority were straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

My personal opinion on it is this...really hairy balls are gross so I suggest shave them. Go for a trim on the top don't go for a brazillian. I think it would look kinda gay/over kept! It's nice that you make the effort but men are suppose to be hairy and rugged thats what makes you sexy to us ladies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Trim yes. Wax no.

Simple as that, it just doesn't look nice on men. Not that I go around checking mind you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

I think it's weird and it would be a huge turn off. ...

Try saying that with a bit hairy ball in your mouth!!!!

I keep mine fairly trim, never had a complaint, and of course........it makes it look BIGGER!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

trimmed for years, there is no going back there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

To be honest the brazilian idea (if its what I'd imagine) sounds a bit ridiculous and laughable. Just trim the bush and keep the thingy itself and the liathroidi completely bare and it'll look a more appealing to you and the opposite sex. And absolutely try that groomer I linked to earlier cos it only arrived at the weekend and it's the absolute business, you'll probably nick yourself if you use a razor and you'll just waste money and scream if you use wax

Advertisement