Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Silvercrest HDMI DVD Player

Options
  • 21-09-2009 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Question regarding this: with regards to the USB port on this device, does anyone know will this player play an AVI stored on a USB memory stick ?

Silvercrest HDMI DVD Player

- Suitable for connecting LCD/plasma receivers via HDMI (up to 1080p) for high-quality digital transmission of video and audio signals
    - 4-in-1 memory card reader for SD/MMC/MS/MSPro
    - Available in silver or black
    - With HDMI connection
    - Records audio CDs to USB storage devices
    - Playback formats: DVD, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD, SVCD, MPEG 4, MP3, WMA, DVD audio, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, JPEG
    - Connections/outputs: USB 2.0, 5.1 Dolby Digital playback, digital audio output (optical and coaxial)
    - Accessories include: 1 x scart, 1 x RCA, S-video, headphone jack (3.5 mm) and remote control
    - Includes 2 x AAA batteries
    - Price per item

EUR 44.99*

http://newsletter.lidl.ie/c/r?EMID=09500CC1788U439C4NLVB00IA4BR4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I've one of these at home from a few years back (dunno if its the same model but its a lidl silvercrest), I'll try it tonight and let ye know

tbh I found it's DVD playing ability a bit flakey but I rarely use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Phester

What happened to AVI (DIVX or XVID) does it support this

I would love to know if it will upscale from the scart (input) to HDMI. very hit and miss on some of the philips players. I could then get a cheap 24" monitor setup working with speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Bambi wrote: »
    I've one of these at home from a few years back (dunno if its the same model but its a lidl silvercrest), I'll try it tonight and let ye know

tbh I found it's DVD playing ability a bit flakey but I rarely use it.

+1

The DVD drive in mine gave up the ghost last year and I didn't have the reciept to bring it back (I now put the reciept (and a photocopy as the original is a thermal print) in an envelope and stick it to the bottom of any electrical items I buy in Aldi or Lidl)

When I brought it to the recycling centre there were another 2 Silvercrest DVD players in the bin.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

Do-more wrote: »
    +1

The DVD drive in mine gave up the ghost last year and I didn't have the reciept to bring it back (I now put the reciept (and a photocopy as the original is a thermal print) in an envelope and stick it to the bottom of any electrical items I buy in Aldi or Lidl)

When I brought it to the recycling centre there were another 2 Silvercrest DVD players in the bin.

Have to say I love my silvercrest. Cheap cheerful and yeah it does playback AVI's from usb. For 44.99 I don't think you'll find much better around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

+1.

I had one of these develop a problem reading discs after nearly two years (and lots of use) and when I got onto the supplier they couriered out a replacement and took away the faulty one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Will it play DIVX codec AVI's too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Have to say I love my silvercrest. Cheap cheerful and yeah it does playback AVI's from usb. For 44.99 I don't think you'll find much better around

Thanks, thats the answer i was looking for
    I'll pick up one on thursday so (and tape the receipt to underside of player)
    Both Aldi & Lidl are great for taking back faulty stuff in my experience, so for 44 euro, tis a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

its a re packed philips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 fuzionzone

Hi would anyone know if this would play back the x264 hd format by any chance ?

Regards - FZ

fuzionzone wrote: »
    Hi would anyone know if this would play back the x264 hd format by any chance ?

Regards - FZ

Not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Phester

Anybody know if this player will upscale Scart input to HDMI output.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

will let you know after today, getting it at lunchtime

Advertisement