Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"You may be beautiful, but they're keepin' my idea on file, in a filin' cabinet"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

best thread ever too

well done OP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Carlsberg don't do advertisements but if they did.........oh wait. ****.,

I love the Donegal catch add though.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Anonomyte

Ban please...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Dartz

You may be an Admin, but they're keeping my forum idea on file, in a filing cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

No they're not. They just tell you that so you'll shut the f*ck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i love this ad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Worst add...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭weiss

dunno why they call it donegal catch anymore..most of it comes from off the coast of africa. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i like it...first time seeing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Mousey- wrote: »
    i like it...first time seeing it
    Seriously? Donegal Catch ads are known for their dynamism and their raw sexual energy. Witty Donegal accented fishermen seem to fit the mould for selling fish. Beats Captain Birdseye by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Sorry for resurrecting the thread but I feckin love this ad!

Anyone know if it was scripted the way it turned out or if it was ad lib?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I always thought say the "You may be beautiful" part is ad libbed due to the reaction and laugh of the guy and then the gesture of the guy who said it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Always thought it was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Suas11 wrote: »
    Always thought it was awful

Burn him!!! I love that ad. Along with the "2 weeks in Torremolinos" ad I just can't seem to turn it off when it comes on.

Going by the reaction of the guy holding the letter I'd say it was adlibbed or only the filing cabinet guy knew he was going to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

GAAman wrote: »
    I always thought say the "You may be beautiful" part is ad libbed due to the reaction and laugh of the guy and then the gesture of the guy who said it

That's what I think too.

Amazing ad, no matter how many times I watch it I still crack up laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Hooked

brianomc wrote: »
    Burn him!!! I love that ad. Along with the "2 weeks in Torremolinos" ad I just can't seem to turn it off when it comes on.

Going by the reaction of the guy holding the letter I'd say it was adlibbed or only the filing cabinet guy knew he was going to say it.

Two great ads... I'm a designer... And these 2 are high up there with my all time favourites. It's the casting. The guys acting are perfect for the parts!

Same in the EBS mortgages ads... (It's gonna be Tropic/car instructor 9to5)... Perfect actors for the excellent gags!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

mod note
    Video no longer viewable to everyone so closing thread

Advertisement