Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is buying from Ehobby asia safe

Options
  • 20-09-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

i saw alot of cheap full metal handguns
    on ehobby asia
    but it sounds too good to be true
    is it safe to buy from like japan or america?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

they are a reputable site, with good history, and quality service. Yes, you can buy from them. But consult recent changes to import law before going ahead to buy...

Plus factor in a 30$ shipping and whatever customs give you. Its still cheap, but will it make it through.. is more important.

(note: i do 99% of my buying of airsoft stuff from Hongkong and China directly, i save about a grand anually because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭joekickass345

really?
    i thought it wouldnt beable to go through because of customs

i dont THINK the new regulations are in yet... so for now, i BELIVE, it is still ok to import.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah they are fine the only issue is delivery charges and then how much will customs nail you for and how long will it take to get to you. I don't think its as cheap as it used to be. If you want something quick you are better off heading to a local retailer, handling their goods (hmmm that sounds dodgy) and making an immediate purchase.

i think im just gonna stick to the locals:D
    thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ehobby are pretty good.

I'd just hound them with emails, to make sure you get a tracking number

I've never had a bad buzz, although a recent lipo came pretty much on the verge of exploding, still had no email back, going on 30 days....

Yeah, the main vice of airsofters... Impaitence...

My main atribute of being a penny pinching Jewish girl.... I have paitence in bucketloads :D 2 weeks is worth it to save 50£ in my book/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Naw one of the main reasons I would prefer to buy local is my complete and utter inability to sort something out technically. I have bought one dud from HK and that made my mind up to buy local from then onwards.

You then have the face to face fix my gear factor if something turns out to be a dud :)

lol
    i wouldnt be able to live 2 weeks knowing a awsome airsoft gun is coming my way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

2 weeks is worth it to save 50£ in my book

£ is the key there i have limit experience of English customs of late (i left the country before the new law came in there) but i know that the English customs process is clearly laid out and if you have the correct paper work to import you only have to have patience for it to process, recently Irish customs has been getting increasingly aggressive in there checking and seizing of goods

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    Naw one of the main reasons I would prefer to buy local is my complete and utter inability to sort something out technically. I have bought one dud from HK and that made my mind up to buy local from then onwards.

You then have the face to face fix my gear factor if something turns out to be a dud :)
    Next time something goes wrong, I'll sort it for you free of charge... Just leave it with James.
    lol
    i wouldnt be able to live 2 weeks knowing a awsome airsoft gun is coming my way
    My point exactly...
    Puding wrote: »
    £ is the key there i have limit experience of English customs of late (i left the country before the new law came in there) but i know that the English customs process is clearly laid out and if you have the correct paper work to import you only have to have patience for it to process, recently Irish customs has been getting increasingly aggressive in there checking of seizing of goods
    £ was a generic... i dont have a euro key... True, its getting pretty harsh with Irish customs, but occasionally a saving can be made... In the uk its pretty easy now... under £105 customs dont care... thats... most pistols actually... posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Puding wrote: »
    £ is the key there i have limit experience of English customs of late (i left the country before the new law came in there) but i know that the English customs process is clearly laid out and if you have the correct paper work to import you only have to have patience for it to process, recently Irish customs has been getting increasingly aggressive in there checking of seizing of goods

English customs is also of a higher value than here too, so less likely to get stopped for every iota of airsoft kit you order (obviously RIFs not withstanding under the VCRA)

Edit: Ah, FireKitten beat me it on the value-barrier of customs in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I got some stuff bout week ago, 440$ worth so about 350ish € and it got through fine, 3 frags, 3 40mm , 1 claymore, pistol and m4 mags, p90 mags scope and... you get he picture i had to pay 40€ customs but still got stuff cheaper it was well worth is and you can trust them, when you log onto your account on their website see the way the address bar chances colour to yellow? that means it is a secured site:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You only had to pay €40 customs on all that, should have been a least twice that, you got a good deal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Firekitten wrote: »

a penny pinching Jewish girl.... /

Do you keep a fork in your sugar bowl for when the guests come round???? Sorry Darl couldnt help myself
    xxx
    S..

No, i just dont offer the sugar, if they ask, i give them packets i stole from burgerking

Good girl and dried milk powder from Lidls? Sorry We will get told off for thread spoiling say something about an AEG quickly..
    S..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Double thanks, gave me a good 4 minutes of hilarious laughter :D

Fork in the sugar bowl lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Smokerkl wrote: »
    Do you keep a fork in your sugar bowl for when the guests come round???? Sorry Darl couldnt help myself
    xxx
    S..

Ill be using that one.
    Seriously though, ive had maybe 5 pistols off ehobby, been unlucky with the customs charges twice but id use them again, super fast shipping and everything was packaged well.

mmm, on a related note (honest) I wonder if one could produce a spork bayonet...? (perhaps ehobby sell one! (to keep on topic))

• Advertisement

Spork Bayonet now your talking girl.. Hmm food aggh baddies no problem Ill just quickly finish this so called meal then stab slice him up then spoon his brains out for desert!!! Ive heard that not ehobbyasia but www.gunsnguys/cutlery-bayonets.com do them??? Shippng is expensive from them though.
    S..

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

Firekitten wrote: »

£ was a generic... i dont have a euro key... True, its getting pretty harsh with Irish customs, but occasionally a saving can be made... In the uk its pretty easy now... under £105 customs dont care... thats... most pistols actually... posted.

FK, for the Euro key try holding AltGr and 4 (or whatever gives you the $ sign) together, should give you €! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Thinking about getting a pistol from ehobby. Would there be hassle with it coming through customs?

The overall cost, including delivery is about €115. Would there be much of an extra charge once it arrives?

Advertisement