Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

course requirements!? :o

Options
  • 20-09-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i got my leaving cert results this year and was wondering about repeating to obtain my course requirements :confused: i needed 2 honors C3s and i only got 1 :( so i was wondering by repeating only that 1 honor subject as an external candidate and getting the C3 would that count as 2 honors on my CAO or would i have to repeat all over :eek:
    I am trying to get into DIT to study fine art and i am doing a portfolio course this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Ye as long as you have the required points for the course you want then you just need to repeat that subject to get the grade requirement in it. Like I am repeating this year cause I dont have the points .I have the grade requirement though in eng,irish and maths so I dont have to repeat those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you say you needed 2HC3's but this was the minimum entry requirement. Would 1HC3 plus your other subjects give you enough points. Remember you can't add the 1 subject you do this year onto last year for points, just for matriculation.

I know there's points for a portfolio for the art course so not too sure how it works points wise but make sure the points you got this year will definitely be enough to get you in.

And don't say oh it was x points last year so it will be x points next year. It might be x + 50 :eek:

So you are safe to do 1 subject this year to get your HC3 as long as your 2009 points on their own will get you in.

What subject are you thinking of repeating as an external candidate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Provided the points you got this year are high enough (and the points don't rise above what you got next year) then just repeating the one you need should be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lyth

:D thanks for the info :) im going to repeat honors physics after i get grinds.
    in a portfolio assesment the portfolio will be marked out of 600 points, 200 usually being the minimum to pass the assesment. then the leaving cert and your portfolio results are added to give a total amount of points, i.e scoring 300 points in the leaving and 300 in the portfolio will give you an overall total of 600 points.
    i got 255 in the leaving cert mostly because i focused mainly on my portfolio and then i got 400 in my portfolio review for Dun laoghaire my #2 choice, but i failed to meet my course requirements and decided to try to acheive them and get a fetac award also improving my portolio.
    which i also wanted to ask about by doing this fetac level 5 course how does it effect my CAO?:pac:

Advertisement