Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 NUIG GEM, fact or fiction?

Options
  • 20-09-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Are they offer grad entry med in ucg in 2010? Ive heard conflicting information

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 runawaytrain

I was told in about may/ june that it was completely abonished and there are no immediate plans to start one :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

2010 = fiction, after that, probably not fiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

2010 = fiction, after that, probably not fiction

Where did you get your info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

This link says otherwise, and last update was 11th Aug this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

I'm just worried about them re-introducing full fees!
    Would be worth emailing NUIG but I know the UCD place increase was deferred after last year's budget so maybe no point enquiring from NUIG until after this year's budget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

etymon wrote: »
    I'm just worried about them re-introducing full fees!
    Would be worth emailing NUIG but I know the UCD place increase was deferred after last year's budget so maybe no point enquiring from NUIG until after this year's budget.

does this mean that fees wont be introduced in UCD for a set time or something?

no, they were meant to put up UCD places this year but didn't after last year's budget. So I suppose it won't be 'til this year's budget that we know how many places there will be for next year throughout all the colleges.
    Was wondering about fees on a separate note given the talk of introducing fees for 3rd level primary degrees. For GEM we have to pay 'half-fees'. Was just hoping full fees i.e. 45k/year is not introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

UCD places did go up this year but only for the North Americans, think the class is around 50 ish. Where is the 45k a year fee number coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

etymon wrote: »
    no, they were meant to put up UCD places this year but didn't after last year's budget. So I suppose it won't be 'til this year's budget that we know how many places there will be for next year throughout all the colleges.
    Was wondering about fees on a separate note given the talk of introducing fees for 3rd level primary degrees. For GEM we have to pay 'half-fees'. Was just hoping full fees i.e. 45k/year is not introduced.

full fees as it stands are 25k

you pay roughly half this at the moment

sorry, thought the North Americans paid 45k/yr, anyway my fear was that the fees would be put up, have no info to back that up, just saying I hope they don't! don't panic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

The North Americans do pay around 40k a year, I think that's including accommodation though.

Advertisement