Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip Piercings...

Options
  • 20-09-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm 13 and wondering what the legal age is for a lip piercing?
    Plus, could some people post in some pics?:D
    Does it hurt?

Thanks,
    -Marc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I think it's 16 or 17 with parental consent.

Just google image search labret piercing, loads out there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Down here in most places it's 18, or 16 with parental consent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

Kersmash wrote: »
    Down here in most places it's 18, or 16 with parental consent.
    Really?!? =/
    Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

skaterboy wrote: »
    Really?!? =/
    Yikes!

Yup, that's the case everywhere really.

The places that don't stick to those standards are really NOT the kind of places that you would want to get pierced in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I seem to offer my advice to you so much. haha
    Just wait it out, man, it's better in the long run.

When you're older you'll be better at tacking care of it, you won't be hassled as much for it in school and the likes, ect...
    Anywhere that pierces minors in dead ropey, would not recommend them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

CianRyan wrote: »

When you're older you'll be better at tacking care of it, you won't be hassled as much for it in school and the likes, ect...
    Hahahaha i knoow!, skateboarding, piercings etc..:pac:
    Thanks btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lpk123

Usually 16 with parents consent. 18 otherwise.

You'd want to be very careful in a place that doesn't have those kinds of standards, especially since we don't have any health and safety legislation yet regarding tattoo and piercing guidelines. In fact, I'm not sure if legal ages are actually even in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Yeah, like CianRyan said, you'd probably get hassled about it in school (unless your school is very laid back) and would be told to take it out...so it'll either close up or get infected so would be a complete waste of money for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

CianRyan wrote: »

I'd agree, just wait! I'm only 17 so I only have one piercing but I'm actually very glad that I'm waiting before getting anything else done. I know alot more about piercings and feel I'm better suited to the aftercare now. Planning to getting the nipples done on the 18th birthday though :D Can't wait. It's something to look forward to!

Advertisement