Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No science subject for leaving...

Options
  • 20-09-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I am not doing any science for the leaving cert and now the course i want requires a science. Is it a good idea to start Agricultural Science? People are telling me its only a 1 year course, is this true? My school doesnt do it either so does anyone know any good places to do it preferbly after school times in Fingal region?

Thanks in advance.

Ps* im from a farming background

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Are you in 6th year? If so, then you may want to decide fairly quickly and get working. Having no science subject closes a lot of doors for 3rd level.

I wouldn't attempt giving advice on ag. science since I don't do it myself, but I'm giving your thread abit of a bump. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

what grade do you require? OD3 or HC3? If you can get away with ordinary level then you should be ok as long as you can get a teacher to supervise your ag science project. There may also be an oral presentation to an external examiner required for ag science based on your project.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mark182 wrote: »
    I am not doing any science for the leaving cert and now the course i want requires a science. Is it a good idea to start Agricultural Science? People are telling me its only a 1 year course, is this true? My school doesnt do it either so does anyone know any good places to do it preferbly after school times in Fingal region?

Thanks in advance.

Ps* im from a farming background
    Have a look at this thread.

Advertisement