Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise in crime in Borris In Ossory area

Options
  • 20-09-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭

Anyone else hear about the rise in crime around Borris. In the past couple of months there has been
    • 7 houses broke into
    • A caravan stolen
    • 4 farmyards broken into
    • A defibrillator stolen
    • Damage done to machinery
    • Cars broke into
    That's what I know of anyway.

And now last night a shed has been set on fire just off the main street.

What the hell is going on there? Is it just a coincidence that a shower of itinerants recently moved to one of the estates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

It was always a sh1thole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Jonty wrote: »
    It was always a sh1thole.

Thanks for your opinion of the town. Have you an opinion on the actual post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Thanks for your opinion of the town. Have you an opinion on the actual post?

In fairness, he did well to even string that sentence together *claps*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Crikey that's a fair bit of crime for a small village, I hadn't heard about it. Being a Borris man myself it's a wonder my mother hadn't mentioned these incidents to me.
    I'm guessing these recessionary times are affecting some people something shocking and that a lot of opportunist crimes are going on. People will wander around the back of houses and take something if they see a chance.
    People though (in particular down the country) are fair stupid when it comes to security. Leaving keys in doors, not locking external doors, leaving cars unlocked. Just looking for trouble really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I agree with that.

The problem in Borris is that there is only a part time police presence. The scrotes know that they have a good 30-45 mins head start on the Gardaí as they have to come from Abbeyleix. I know Roscrea is only 7 miles down the road but they won't venture into Laois. I have heard that the station in Borris is due to close under An Bord Snip Nua.

Also is there any truth in the story that evicted families of scrotes from Limerick City are being housed in Borris and the surrounding areas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Also is there any truth in the story that evicted families of scrotes from Limerick City are being housed in Borris and the surrounding areas?

There is supposed to be a few living in Kyle manor. About a year ago the developer came back and threw up a few more houses to go with the one they already had. And a couple of families from Limerick moved up to them.

A shower of travelers moved into the terrace on the Rathdowney road too. They've lowered the tone of the place somewhat. During the summer they were jumping out onto the street in front of traffic at night and frightening the drivers. Ya have to wonder about the mindset of some people.

Advertisement