Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion help.

Options
  • 20-09-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm a student who has just moved into an apartment in Dublin. Its an old building and does not have an electric shower. I am not used to an immersion and usually would have had an electric shower and just boiled a kettle to wash dishes.
    There is no bath/sink switch for the immersion, there is an immermat timer and we have no gas switched on yet (did not see the point,apartment is warm anyway). So when one of us wants a shower we have been switching the immersion on for an hour or so and switching it off when we're finished.
    The problem is that the water isn't even heating to lukewarm,it's heating somewhat, to a sort of bearable cold and this doesn't even last that long.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going wrong. There are four of us and we can't afford to have the immersion on for 10 hours a day to have 4 warm showers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

Depending on the type and it's location in the cylinder,it might take a while to heat the water.
    Prob best get it checked.If it's not heating properly it could be the stat or limescale buildup(or even contact probs,leaks or faulty heater on older circuits)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

I think you should contact the landlord.

Either to get it repaired if it is faulty, or get instruction on how to use it.

Can you post up pictures of the timer and the immersion.

Particularly where the wires are connected to the tank.

Advertisement