Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blitz the Ambassador - Stereotype

Options
  • 20-09-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭

Have any of you guys heard Blitz the Ambassador's new album stereotype? It absolutely blew me away, amazing albums. I had never heard of this guy before, but i from the first time i heard the single "Breathe" and just new i was going to be a big fan of his.

His originally from Ghana, but now transplanted to Brooklyn. There must be something in the water out there in Africa, the last time i was this pleasantly surprised by an artist was K'naan, who is frigging amazing!

He got great reviews on hiphopdx and okayplayer, and everywhere else from what i can see. Instant classic in my opinion.

I don't think the album hass been released this side of the pond yet, but i think it will be soon, and is available for download from his website as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Yeah very good album. I love the live instrumentation and optiks really made the album with the production. Not taking anything away from Blitz though. He takes a simple approach to the lyrics and it works well enough.

If you wanna check out some other African artists these are worth a look.

Proverb
    Optical Illusion
    Tumi & the Volume
    Krukid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Yeah very good album. I love the live instrumentation and optiks really made the album with the production. Not taking anything away from Blitz though. He takes a simple approach to the lyrics and it works well enough.

If you wanna check out some other African artists these are worth a look.

Proverb
    Optical Illusion
    Tumi & the Volume
    Krukid

I youtube'd a couple of proverb's songs - he's nice!

Know where i can get my hands on a couple of albums?

Advertisement