Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Req: Beer and Spirits

Options
  • 20-09-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Im celebrating my birthday next week so im thinkin of heading up north to get some party supplies ie, beers and spirits!

So im looking for advice on where to get the best deals and where would be the best spot to go coming from Dublin?

Im particularly looking for:

Morgan Spice
    Vodka
    Southern Comfort

and beer:

Bulmers
    Carlsberg
    Corona

Basically any info would be helpful, Thanks!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

on a side note does anyone know any fireworks shops in newry, just to get a couple of rockets for the celebrations!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sainsburys - Newry ....

Morgan Spice - £17.99 1ltr
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1253534631198
    Vodka - £15.83 Smirnoff Red Label 1ltr
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1253534631198
    Southern Comfort - 70CL - £17.25

and beer:

Bulmers - 8 Pint Bottles Pack - £10
    Carlsberg - Carlsberg 15x440ml - £10 (Normal Carlsberg - the Export 5% Version is currently 15 X 440mls cans in Tescos for €15 - better deal than the North)
    Corona - Corona Extra 12x330ml - £13.28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Sainsburys in The Quays in Newry. There is a fireworks place in Flagstaff which is just outside of Newry towards the Carrickdale Hotel. If you need further directions let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

cheers for the info!where exactly is it? and do you need a licence to buy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

cheers for the info!where exactly is it? and do you need a licence to buy them?

No licence required, the lads selling them do so from shipping containers and will take any money you have euro or sterling, I'd say they would even take dollars :D. It's not really a transaction where you would get a 14 day money back guarantee though if you know what I mean ;). When coming back from Newry you will see signs before you cross the border back.

Remember purchasing them might be ok up North but once you bring them South of the border your car may be seized should you be searched by Customs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement