Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest 2009 pics

Options
  • 20-09-2009 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Myself and the missus went to the opening of the Oktoberfest yesterday morning. The opening parade took place at about 11 and it officially signalled the start of the festivities.

We went into one of the smaller tents because its better for eating but there was loads of room in the bigger places. Surprisingly there was a lot less people there compaired to previous years.

After my second or fourth Maß things got a little hairy and expensive. We got home at about 7pm a little worse for wear.

There's three more weeks of this left, but I think yesterday was going to be the most civilised. I'll post more pics as they come in.

7a2467b5.jpg

77d4b53e.jpg

8c86fbd5.jpg

647757a3.jpg

91c6cfd6.jpg

f36b265d.jpg

1bda4e54.jpg

c64c1248.jpg

da0023ff.jpg

d40d2bd9.jpg

2d0a17de.jpg

6c9bb924.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

So you decided to go with the Lederhosen?

Yes, that's, em, well.....nice. They, em, suit you. :D

Actually, the 2nd and 3rd last photos are classic. And herself is looking well too. Glad to see she appreciates the beauty of a stein. ;)

Impressive, the pair of you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

*jealous*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Damned unsubtle subliminal advertising. I crave steins of beer!

and lederhosen :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

i like the lederhosen

things could get interesting after a few jugs of the local brew
    especially with those guys living up the mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I am sssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jelouse.

I am so going back - hopefully next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭standardtoaster

Fair play to you, they are some great pics....heading over ourselves on Wednesday for five nights of it again this year!!

CANNOT WAIT!!!!
    It's just like that feeling you used to have as a kid before Xmas morning!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It's just like that feeling you used to have as a kid before Xmas morning!!:D:D

Ah the joys of child alcoholism :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭standardtoaster

KTRIC wrote: »
    Ah the joys of child alcoholism :rolleyes:

IMO it is more the joys of drinking and enjoying the finest beers in the world mixed with the most incredible banter and fun you'll ever experience anywhere else in Europe, probably the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

IMO it is more the joys of drinking and enjoying the finest beers in the world mixed with the most incredible banter and fun you'll ever experience anywhere else in Europe, probably the world.

ahh the drink would do it for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Dammit. You make me want to shoot myself. Due to the big R I've been unable to attend this year. I hope they leave a space free at the table in my honour :(

• Advertisement

I little update from a spontaneous visit last night to the Oktoberfest. I started a new job yesterday and it turns out its right around the corner.

I went with some new colleagues and had a great laugh.

I'm typing this with great difficulty still drunk, very hoarse from shouting all night.

Here's some pics, enjoy ;)

BTW, I'm not the very lucky bald guy :( He's newly single and loving it as you can see.

dd249121.jpg

33499601.jpg

1920d37d.jpg

45d73e70.jpg

60903968.jpg

3e42d2f2.jpg

ea04ef2f.jpg

57a7834e.jpg

694b66a6.jpg

d76c4151.jpg

4d8fd107.jpg

ebcbbfbd.jpg

e5b8c892.jpg

Sorry for the crap iPhone pics.

Not usually one to spot things, am I, but from the pictures above it appears to be nothing more than boobs and beer. :eek:

*books ticket for next year*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

OldGoat wrote: »
    Damned unsubtle subliminal advertising. I crave steins of beer!

and lederhosen :o

Off to the Bull and Castle (Christchurch) with you then!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Saruman wrote: »
    Off to the Bull and Castle (Christchurch) with you then!
    They has lederhosen there?
    /Sprints back to Christchurch

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Not usually one to spot things, am I, but from the pictures above it appears to be nothing more than boobs and beer. :eek:

*books ticket for next year*

The second lot of pics look like my pics from a few years ago -all out of focus and blury. :D

We (and I mean lots of us BGRHers) WILL be going next year.

P.C. wrote: »
    The second lot of pics look like my pics from a few years ago -all out of focus and blury. :D

We (and I mean lots of us BGRHers) WILL be going next year.

You try and get good shots with an IPhone after consuming 4 liters of strong german beer.

I'm going again next weekend and I'm bringing dslr to take some night shots of the outside areas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

KTRIC wrote: »

I'm going again next weekend and I'm bringing dslr to take some many night dirndl shots of the outside areas

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

OldGoat wrote: »
    They has lederhosen there?
    /Sprints back to Christchurch

It's over now, but here is what they had on top of their normal vast range of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭hinduhamster

I'm over here now. I don't know what I was expecting but it's pretty amazing. Essentially boobs, beer and some food thrown in for good measure.

Off I go again.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement