Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powertools online

Options
  • 20-09-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of buying tools online?? I'm after a http://www.makitauk.com/index.php?special=product_detail_popup&pid=1942&catid=253 but Tucks wont even bother their arse emailing me back with a price. And here's me thinking there's a recession on & all business was good business!!

So basicly I'm looking for a website & your experience & saving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I bought a couple of Makita drills and a circular saw from E-Bay and saved a few hundred quid compared to B&Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

bosch do a similar Li-ion screwdriver.i bought a set of 4 tools(torch,impact,screwdrivers) from cpc for a good price.not familiar with the makita

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

You'd hardly still have the sellers name?? I've always been weary of spending over €20 on ebay just in case!!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Who's CPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Seanieke wrote: »
    You'd hardly still have the sellers name?? I've always been weary of spending over €20 on ebay just in case!!

Just make sure you check the feedback and are happy with it. I bought a BHP451 18V and I bought the charger and a pair of batteries from someone else. I think the seller was brandedtools-something-or-other.

I've bought two of those drills plus charger and batteries and a circular saw at different times and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have used this crowd a few times and they have always been very good, cheap postage too!

Advertisement