Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed my chance?

Options
  • 20-09-2009 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This is a first time posting and I'd really appreciate some advice please. There's this girl who I knew some years back, she was gay and I was terrified! It was obvious she was interested in me but I was too afraid to explore it any further. Thing is I haven't been able to get her out of my head. I've had relationships in the intervening years with guys and they were meaningful but this girl was always in the back of my mind. I don't live near her so the chances of casually bumping into her are virtually impossible. She is probably in a relationship now herself anyway so I'm agonising about whether to make contact (I have an email address) as I would love to meet her and see where things might go, or whether to accept that she is probably happy and I have missed my chance. Please advise?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I think you should make contact, keep it friendly and see how things go from there. Not groundbreaking advice but you have two choices ; you can leave things as they are and continue to have this eating away at you OR you can just go ahead and do it and no matter what the outcome is at least you'd have put your mind to rest somewhat.

Whatever you decide, Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Are you sure it's really this girl that you were interested in? It's easy to confuse the fantasy of someone with the reality. The fact that she showed interest in you might be the only reason you feel like you missed out on something. Did you even know her that well? You could contact her and keep it friendly and see where it goes, but you might be just as well off looking for a new girl and seeing how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

I would agree with the above, contact her on a friendly basis. See where it goes from there. Ii would be all for the Carpe Diem method....

Better to have tried and failed than not have tried at all......;)

Good luck.

Keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkywolf

Ya go for it, make contact. Better to try and see where it goes than to let it fester away inside you.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'd leave it be, the reality of our memories of people after a number of years is rarely accurate, disappointment surely awaits.

Leave the past where it belongs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,874 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You might find that when you get in contact with this person that it is not what you wanted at all but the attraction of absence and something untried was what made you think you wanted this for so long.

If you think that not meeting this person and living out the opportunity is holding you back in progression of any current or future relationships then by all means get in touch. If it is just to have some fun and try something new then don't as I'm sure she has moved on from you and you getting in touch and organizing a meeting, only to turn off the idea is a cruel thing to do to her.

Advertisement