Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESPN coverage of ufc 103 terrible

Options
  • 20-09-2009 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Anyone watching UFC 103 on ESPN at the moment?????

Its the worst I have ever come across.

Ill be looking for a refund tomorrow.

It started off in Spanish dubbing, and jumping like mental.

Half way thru the first fight the English coverage came up, and now its cutting off.. jumping.. and blank screens with No satalite coverage being received.

Its not my satalite because every other station is perfect.

Im pretty pissed with ESPN.. No TUF either..

Someones gonna have to answer a few questions..
    NOT HAPPY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭mmafan81

im on espn and had the spanish aswell but have had no skips in transmission,workin fine

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

seems to be ok now.. but bang out of order for the first 20mins.. I bet US viewers would be tipping dug on someones lawn if it was happening on spike during liver coverage of a fight

madonna123 wrote: »
    I bet US viewers would be tipping dug on someones lawn if it was happening on spike during liver coverage of a fight

I doubt it...the exact same thing happened on the Spike broadcast in the U.S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Ed_

I bet US viewers would be tipping dug on someones lawn if it was happening on spike during liver coverage of a fight

No reports of dung being tipped on lawns across North America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Goodness this Spanish announcing is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I doubt it...the exact same thing happened on the Spike broadcast in the U.S

yup just watched the spike footage there, big glitch at the start of the Drew McFedries vs Tomasz Drwal fight and a few others later one, it was kind of funny, in one of the other fights both guys standing next thing glitch and someone is getting choked :D

Anyone watching UFC 103 on ESPN at the moment?????

Its the worst I have ever come across.

It started off in Spanish dubbing, and jumping like mental.

Half way thru the first fight the English coverage came up, and now its cutting off.. jumping.. and blank screens with No satalite coverage being received.

Its not my satalite because every other station is perfect.

Im pretty pissed with ESPN.. No TUF either..

Someones gonna have to answer a few questions..
    NOT HAPPY

Apart from the Spanish commentary I cannot say I have had any of the other problems you experienced so it is your setup that's at fault. ESPN did quite well considering they weren't in control of the feed sent over from the states. They only went to ad breaks when the UFC were showing promotions for things like Halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

just finished watching the event and prelims - no issue with espn at all - no loss of coverage (you would seem to have a problem with your equipment) - the spannish dub was an issue with the feed given to espn and thy did a good job with minimal interuption and only during paid advertisments during the ppv

i have to say that you come accross as a moan ready to run to the net (2:17 and allready logging on to whine) and wrong in all of your complaints - so less of the 'someones gonna have to answer' forum hardman ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

i recorded it and the broadcast was fine for me. no spanish at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm sick of people giving out about ESPN. I'm 100% happy with ESPN.

And then we have people complaining about not having the Ultimate fighter. You've got a computer with internet...... use it. Or else pay for Setanta.

This all stems from people thinking they should be getting UFC for free cause of the Bravo days. Well it was never free cause you needed SKY for Bravo, and I never want to return there. I'll gladly pay the money for ESPN.

I'm off to get an ESPN tattoo.

• Advertisement

wandy wrote: »
    i recorded it and the broadcast was fine for me. no spanish at all.

The PPV was fine. The prelim show before it had the Spanish audio.

Did they tell you to jump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 useless_name

I didn't get any spanish or failure from ESPN. At the start of the prelims there was no commentary but I didn't get anything like what you said happened...weird.

I didn't get any spanish or failure from ESPN. At the start of the prelims there was no commentary but I didn't get anything like what you said happened...weird.

That is very weird as ESPN even put up a caption to apologise for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 useless_name

Yeah, at the prelims it said we apologise for the sound and I was like "What's wrong with the sound?" The only thing I noticed is that Rogan and Goldberg came in halfway through the fight but then there were no more hitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Nothing to do with ESPN, the Spike TV feed of the prelims had the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

No Jumping.. got 2 free months.

I call bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Apart from the Spanish commentary I cannot say I have had any of the other problems you experienced so it is your setup that's at fault. ESPN did quite well considering they weren't in control of the feed sent over from the states. They only went to ad breaks when the UFC were showing promotions for things like Halo.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm sick of people giving out about ESPN. I'm 100% happy with ESPN.

And then we have people complaining about not having the Ultimate fighter. You've got a computer with internet...... use it. Or else pay for Setanta.

This all stems from people thinking they should be getting UFC for free cause of the Bravo days. Well it was never free cause you needed SKY for Bravo, and I never want to return there. I'll gladly pay the money for ESPN.

I'm off to get an ESPN tattoo.
    The PPV was fine. The prelim show before it had the Spanish audio.
    I call bull****.

I basically agree with everything above, all except the ESPN tattoo :D

Why do people feel the need to moan about some complete trivia? wwwooooowwwwwwwwwwww, the unexpected(NEVER AIRED LIVE) pre lim fights had 510 of Spanish audio :rolleyes: wise up and go phone the samaritans if you get that upset and depressed over something as simple as this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I got the espn tattoo on my lower arm in big letters but to my complete horror the bloke spelt it in spanish - espñ. Now it looks completely stupid. Sake! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Maybe Kelloggs should do a free promotion next summer for world cup n that, FREE ESPN TATTOO....but we should spread the word to South Africa early that ESPN means England Supporter, Punch Now :D

Advertisement