Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP TEST??

Options
  • 19-09-2009 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi

Just wondering if there is anyone about who has sat this and can tell me what it was like?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doly

Hi,
    It took two hours (not including about another 30 mins for the disorganised staff to sort themselves out) and there were two parts. We had to write two pieces in the first hour. One was to be a formal essay - I can't remember if there were choices but I think not. It was to write about your experience in the education system up to now and what you hope to get out of college. The other piece was informal and we had several choices - all on some aspect of news. I remember the one I did was to talk about news as entertainment but the choice was good.
    The multiple choice section covered a good deal. It would be a good idea to practice some critical thinking beforehand - there are lots of books out there to help with that. There were about five statistics ones that I had no idea how to approach but they were multiple choice so maybe I got some right anyway.
    I had had a look at the Acer website beforehand and found lots of examples of different tests to practice on. I don't know how people did overall but I think everyone I know who did it, did ok. I hope this is of some help. I can't remember anything else that might be useful except that the results were out much sooner that I was expecting.
    Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Hi. Will also be sitting the MSAP exam next February. Going to print out the sample questions on the website mentioned tomorrow in college (doing a fetac course at the moment) I got a book on amazon which gets great reviews - Critical Thinking Skills - Stella Cottrell http://www.amazon.co.uk/Critical-Thinking-Skills-Developing-Effective/dp/1403996857/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259877177&sr=8-1. Tbh I only briefly looked through it.

Found your post very informative Doly, thanks:) Anyone else do it? I'm terrified by the prospects!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

yeah id love some info on this also. would be much appreciated. thanks info soo far.

Advertisement