Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mameui32 and new zealand story

Options
  • 19-09-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Hi just installed the latest version of mameui32(0.134) and cant get the japanese version of new zealand story to work(tnzsj).Have the world version which is fine(tnzs).

Does anyone have that rom working with that version of mameui32?
    I have audited all my games.is there a way I can audit just the japanese version so i can see what files(if any) are missing.

Im also aware that some games dont work with different versions of mame so does anyone know what version will work with that rom if thats the problem.

the tnzsj zip file is 90.5k big

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

got it up and running was missing a file

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭pdw

Whats different between the versions out of interest?

Generally there can be a world,US or jap versions.If its a paltform game the levels can be different etc.(or there can be no difference)

Also there are bootlegs and hacks which would enable joypad use instead of a trackball.

Normaly there is a 'master' rom which yopu would need before any of the other versions work(these are called clones)

This is in relation to MAME anyhows

edit:not too sure about mame versions would presume each version would be a more faithful emulation of the hardware

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

This is one of my favorite games of all time. The main differences are in the starting levels 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and the locations of some of the warps. There is also a prototype and a completely different version which was marketed as TNZS 2 in some regions. The megadrive version was based on the TNZS 2 arcade.

I hear you Logie!!spent many an hour playing it on 1 credit trying to rack up the days hi score.Had a lot more patience then.The version I grew up with was the japenese version and that was the one I had problems with.

Second favourite has to be shinobi aswell.

Not working at the mo so thinking of putting together a cabinet to put in the corner of my room.

like your sig by the way:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement