Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling merchandise

Options
  • 19-09-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Whats everyones favourite pieces or merchandise? from t-shirts to belts or whatever,heres my little collection, 3 belts (WHC, Atitutude WWF not E, Undisputed) and the baseball jerseys from Manias 17,18,19,20,23 and 24, think the jerseys are the coolest ppv specific merch they do, have a bunch of shirts and laynards and such as well, and my Wrestlemania 20 limited edition dvd thats impossible to get anymore:

DSCF1687.jpg

DSCF1691.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Those jerseys are deadly. My favourite thing I have is the first ever undertaker figure, the old hasbro one, still in its original box. I must get him to sign it now and I'll be thrilled.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'll always treasure the Koko B Ware wrestling figure that I've had since I was 11. The arms have long since fallen off him, the brother swallowed Frankie the bird within a few days and the brown paint has chipped off for the most part, but I'll always hold old Koko dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm sorry I ever gave away my old WWF Hasbro figures, I had about 20 of them and the ring with the blue bars cage, awesome toys :)

I as thinking of bringing my Attitude belt to the TNA meet and greet in the hope Angle would sign it, wonder would they allow that? he's one of the few still active wrestlers to have held that belt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

krudler wrote: »
    I as thinking of bringing my Attitude belt to the TNA meet and greet in the hope Angle would sign it, wonder would they allow that? he's one of the few still active wrestlers to have held that belt

I wouldn't see any reason why not. Plus Foley might be at the meet and greet aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

i have **** loads of old hasbro figures i loved them,wish i had a yokozuna one though!i love this dx tshirt i have,its all colour drained but still awesome!and all my tapes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'll always treasure the Koko B Ware wrestling figure that I've had since I was 11. The arms have long since fallen off him, the brother swallowed Frankie the bird within a few days and the brown paint has chipped off for the most part, but I'll always hold old Koko dear.

I ROARED

Ive always wanted a Luger hard plastic hasbro have about 20 of em but no Luger :(. My favourite piece of merchandise is a foam belt I got at the WWF house show in 94 and the oldest is a preHASBRO series rubber junk yard dog figure, I bit the the boots off him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I ROARED

Ive always wanted a Luger hard plastic hasbro have about 20 of em but no Luger :(. My favourite piece of merchandise is a foam belt I got at the WWF house show in 94 and the oldest is a preHASBRO series rubber junk yard dog figure, I bit the the boots off him though.

I have a luger figure I'm fairly sure someplace :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

/settles in and waits for KKV mega-post

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

He wont be coming. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Mines a Hall of Fame program and medal signed by Bret Hart and I also have a WM20 Picture of Benoit/Eddie in the ring signed by both of them. I also have a sledgehammer that I got Triple H to sign.

CMpunked wrote: »

Why so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

What the hell, why not?! Have I missed something? That guy was completely invaluable and ireplacable when it comes to PW merch, he's an encyclopedia, and if he ain't posting here no more this forum has taken a hell of a loss. PM if needs be cos I don't want to derail this thread, but this saddens me :(

In short he had been pissed off with an ex member of the site.

Lets give him the anagram Shaven Warn..(so im not getting into trouble directly mentioning him.)

KKV felt the level of attack he was dished out by said member wasnt justified.
    So he vowed not to return while the maniac was running the asylum.

Now i just realised i havent been in that much contact with him since the changeover, so he could be completely oblivious to the situation.
    Also i know this to be part the reason for KNNs absence too.

KKV still regularly uses the site as a whole, so im sure a PM or two could get him back properly.

The guy is a serious wealth of knowledge and personally speaking one of the most honest and genuine dudes i have ever known and i hope he comes back.

Back on topic and simply put my favourite bit of merch is my ECW one night stand 2005 jersey which i set out to have signed by as many ECW originals as possible.

And to date i have (in order)

Mick Foley
    Kid Kash
    Raven
    Balls Mahoney
    Sabu
    RVD

For me it feels like a project to try and get as many signatures on it.
    When i know all is said and done i plan on getting it framed too. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

KKV has been PM'd... lets leave the off topic discussion there.

Quickly regarding my absence from the board and SR in general, I like PW, i enjoy the PW forum here and I think a lot of the members here are genuinely nice guys. Without trying to insult anyone who has ever modded on here, I still think Fozzy ran this place better than anyone.

Generally speaking, SR seems to me to be a pretty nice guy. As a mod, I felt he wasn't great. I was unaware he had been de-modded. Congrats to whomever received his spot and fair play to anyone and everyone who has modded and posted here. All nice guys and girls.

As for merchandise, I have a pretty nice collection of JAKKS' action figures which I think are awesome (Though I stopped collecting them at the start of the year, and haven't purchased one in months). The only problem with the figures is that Jakks got very lazy, so a lot of the figures have the same or similar bodies from the neck down. In saying that though, they still make for a nice, colourful collection in my opinion, especially the Classic Superstars line.

These photos were posted here before by me I think. They're a few months old:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/100_6166-1.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/100_6169-1.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/WWE-EIW/100_6172-1.jpg

I think the replica belts are among the best piece of wrestling merchandise though. The novelty can wear off, but I hang mine on my room walls, and I think they look great. Can be pretty expensive though (in saying that, I got the US Spinner for under €200 shipped, so I think I did pretty well there. I feel obliged to mention wrestlingworld.com whenever belts come up in discussion as they have no doubt got some fantastic prices and their customer service is second to none in my experience, and I think a few others on the board can say the same).

I like the idea of the replica masks, but they were a poor, poor effort. Rey's replica is pretty good. Kane's, Foley's and Hurricane's are all extremely poor though. Kane's mask doesn't have the right shade of red, the right design, or even the right shape. How they can use "replica" to describe these is beyond me.

Overall, I think I'd say figures in general would be my overall favourite merchandise. I've found them to be great fun to play with when I was younger and a lot of fun to collect, too. Though if i could only pick one single item as my favourite, i'd probably go with the Intercontinental championship.

Thanks to Bounty Hunter for the PM informing me of this thread.

Welcome back KKV. Good to see a regular return to the fold, especially our WWE merch guru.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Firstly,its nice to see KKV back :)

Merch wise for me,prob the usual collection of dvds and whatnot,maybe the WM22 fleece I got in Chicago that Wrestlemania weekend,but probably shaking hands with,getting a picture with and an autograph from Stone Cold would be mine.A class act.

Am selling my WHC belt if anyones interested:

http://adverts.ie/148920

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

To quote my English teacher from secondary school...

"Who, why, what, where, when, how?" :)

Is there some meet and greet coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Welcome back KKV.

I bought a Classic Winged Eagle belt from a company that KKV and a few others recommended and the company was very good. The belt looks lovely and while they are expensive, you can start to feel addicted and want to buy this one and that one. Having said that, the novelty can wear off but they are definitely nice to look at.

I read online somewhere that they are making a new belt to replace the spinner one. I can sort of understand why. In my mind the spinner belt is Cena's as it's very suited to the whole "bling bling rap" gimmick.

Welcome back KKV.

I bought a Classic Winged Eagle belt from a company that KKV and a few others recommended and the company was very good. The belt looks lovely and while they are expensive, you can start to feel addicted and want to buy this one and that one. Having said that, the novelty can wear off but they are definitely nice to look at.

I read online somewhere that they are making a new belt to replace the spinner one. I can sort of understand why. In my mind the spinner belt is Cena's as it's very suited to the whole "bling bling rap" gimmick.

That gimmick he hasnt had for ohhh, 5 years now? Its definitely time to change the belt, go back to the undisputed design I say, or something a bit classier looking, dont like the idea of customised belts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,338 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Its definitely time to change the belt, go back to the undisputed design I say, or something a bit classier looking, dont like the idea of customised belts

I think they'll go for a completely new design, but I agree it should be classier looking. I still think my favourite belt is this one:

800px-WWF_attitude_Championship.jpg

Although maybe thats just because it was the belt when I started watching. Although I did like the Undisputed belt, which became the WWE championship before the spinner if I remember correctly.

Basically, the new belt should comply with the 'Undertaker Test™'. Lets face it, the current belt would look stupid on Taker. The new one should be one that looks pretty good on anyone

Hey don't be raging on taker's bling, yo! :-P

But yeah, the new belt will be something over the top and dramatic again i'd say. Nothing about the Wwe these days seems to be classic so i cant see them being that respectful. It'll have to be marketable so they can make tiny painted plastic versions for smyths to sell by the bucketload for christmas.

They will probably keep the design and just take the whole idea of the spinning center and have it stationary.

Has it ever been spun since cena?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Has it ever been spun since cena?!
    I think Edge spun it when he won it and put the Rated R as the spinner

I think Edge spun it when he won it and put the Rated R as the spinner

The rated r spinner was awesome :-)

Thought i would ressurect this thread as opposed to making a new one.

With mania coming up there is probably going to be a LOT of new merch being released.

Here is the first:

Stone colds WM shirt-
    Front
    265951305.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1301334592&Signature=xFHvW3Fb4u0WWJDuqcRbOMwdiOA%3D
    Back
    265951749.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1301334590&Signature=%2FIZtuPeQxIWT24%2BGF%2FS6uQaB59k%3D
    Shoulder
    265952101.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1301334588&Signature=FHgMFcSIthVgnS0lmlMQD0mS%2FeA%3D

Advertisement