Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rangemaster Oven Sizes

Options
  • 19-09-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi All,

I am seriously considering buying a Rangemaster Classic 90 to replace my 10 year old standard gas cooker which is giving problems.

I have worked out how to get it into the kitchen with minimum re-working , so I was ready to jump until the lady in the shop said you better check your roasting and baking trays fit!

So measured it and was amazed to find that a number of my roasting and baking trays actually will not fit in the main (LH) oven, and nothing I own in terms of baking trays, bun trays etc. will fit in the RH oven. in fact even dinner plates would not fit.

Can any owners comment on their experience, and how hard is it to find stuff that actually fits in the RH oven?

Thanks
    Gtec

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

I have one and no standard size tray will fit in the tall oven. It's ok for roasting chickens/spuds etc but my main problem with the cooker in general is with the gas hob... The autolight is a pain (you have to hold the gas control in for about 20 seconds or it won't stay lit) and when you have a few rings on the go, the gas pressure seems to drop on them all. If I was buying a new cooker today I wouldn't buy the same again. PS . Mine is the classic 110

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've an Elan 90 and very little fits in the tall RH oven. It's grand for baking in small tins and using narrow casserole dishes which is a pity as it heats a lot quicker than the main oven. I'm not sure about the Classic but the tall oven on the Elan is fan assisted only. The larger oven is multifunction.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gtec

Thanks for the replies.

I went with the classic in the end, having tried a number of dishes in one in the showroom.

It's on order now, I hope I don't regret it!

Gtec

Advertisement