Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIRA in Finglas?

Options
  • 19-09-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

Just noticed the last week in Finglas graffiti for the RIRA on the wall's. Normally would not pay it any attention but it was stenciled on the wall's which is odd as the local scum would not give a fuk about it being neat. Asked a friend and he said two guy's were stopped but not arrested apparently in relation to it.
    Just wondering if anyone noticed the same in their area. Its black and roughly 2x2feet?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Mask wrote: »
    Just noticed the last week in Finglas graffiti for the RIRA on the wall's. Normally would not pay it any attention but it was stenciled on the wall's which is odd as the local scum would not give a fuk about it being neat. Asked a friend and he said two guy's were stopped but not arrested apparently in relation to it.
    Just wondering if anyone noticed the same in their area. Its black and roughly 2x2feet?

Yeah I noticed it up my way too, although it's in white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Can't say I've noticed it where I am... which parts of Finglas have you seen it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Seen it near Cappagh hospital just before you turn right to the temporary traffic lights used to be, on the walls to the right where the new houses are been built.

I have seen it somewhere else, but I can't put my finger on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I wonder if they were "invited" in like in Cavan (Or Navan... Somewhere outside the Pale anyway) to give the local hooligans a hiding?

creggy wrote: »
    Seen it near Cappagh hospital just before you turn right to the temporary traffic lights used to be, on the walls to the right where the new houses are been built.

I have seen it somewhere else, but I can't put my finger on it.

Mad... I passed by there today and didn't see it...
    Nevore I'd probably take another guess.

• Advertisement

It's right beside where that garage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I seen one across from wefta at the shops and just beside St Malachys school were the bus stop is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Nevore I'd probably take another guess.
    I'm only allowed one. :(

I seen one across from wefta at the shops and just beside St Malachys school were the bus stop is.

Yeah thats where I saw the other one. Below the advertment board across from the 17A bus stop.

Will have to check that out in the morning... live only around the corner from it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

There's one sprayed on a wall across the road from the traffic lights at the Topaz just up from Lidl.

Ah Jesus... I must be effin' blind or something then... passed all these places yesterday and seen NOTHING!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They were in town anyway for no to lisbon. might as well do some spray painting while they're here (rolleyes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jdivision wrote: »
    They were in town anyway for no to lisbon. might as well do some spray painting while they're here (rolleyes)

The Real IRA were in town openly protesting against Lisbon?.

The one across the from the WTFA hall has being painted over and has a new one has a been sprayed right beside it at the white wall where tiletown is.

I also saw one at the side of the chipper at the other end of the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats not all that uncommon in town, i always wondered if it was actually linked to republicans or if it was just some eijits writing on the walls.

There's been a few more popping up all over the place... a few around the Casement/Northway Estate areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Seen it spray painted just at the Bluebell (I think) Luas stop aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Its up the south of finglas too..i think its just eejits as it doesnt have any of the "drug dealers beware" "joyriders will be crucified" good stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Its just kids. See RIRA/CIRA/INLA all over various parts of Dublin.

Recently when I was in Derry, I spotted stickers with 'INLA: JOY RIDERS WILL BE DEALT WITH' on them and 'INLA: THIS IS A WORKING CLASS AREA, BURGLERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED' and that kind of 'We is the community cops' Republican stuff.

In Dublin its eejit kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Just stick fadas over the vowels and we're in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Its just kids. See RIRA/CIRA/INLA all over various parts of Dublin.

Afaik the INLA spray-painted around Dublin 8 is "geniune".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

creggy wrote: »

Saw that yesterday myself, maybe they're opening a Finglas branch of that once popular city centre niteclub from the 90s ?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

seen it around my area near blanch center,which looks like it's been stenciled. Which was removed and now back on the walls looks like free hand spray writing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Afaik the INLA spray-painted around Dublin 8 is "geniune".

Bit silly for them giving out warnings when their ''leader'' is one of the biggest dealers on the South side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

That's the reason why they want dealers out. Not because they're a nice friendly residents organisation, it's because they want the drug trade to themselves.

Advertisement