Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pesky Foreigners?

Options
  • 19-09-2009 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Looking at my team I've realised that all my "stars of the future" are not Irish.

I've got some crackin' young lads (17) that are set to be great players with a bit of training, but they're all from various other countries.

It seems all the decent young players for sale are from different countries.

So, I've been reluctant to intensively train these players because I'm just improving the enemie's game, but, realistically.. I'm in division 4, none of these players have more than 20,000 csr... should I even be thinking like this?

I recently saw a post for the Irish under 20s asking for players of 60,000csr ... so... should I not worry about training up the foreigners because in all likelihood they'll never be good enough to actually be selected?

I just feel like a bit of a traitor. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Or a wee bit racist, perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Next you'll be complaining about them taking our women :rolleyes:

But seriously, no you shouldn't care less where they're from, the national team is of absolutely no interest to you, and it'll be a long time before players from your club are capped, as you would need to be in div II or I before that becomes a factor (and even then, unless you're national coach, it shouldn't matter where you're players are from).

The Irish international players will all come from top grade academys and will be trained up, and to get to the top, you'll need to produce lots and lots of academy players, so those will be the international players of the future, not the players that got you from Div IV to div II or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah good good, so no point really thinking about it then.

And as for Starbelgrade...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Looking at my team I've realised that all my "stars of the future" are not Irish.

I've got some crackin' young lads (17) that are set to be great players with a bit of training, but they're all from various other countries.

It seems all the decent young players for sale are from different countries.

So, I've been reluctant to intensively train these players because I'm just improving the enemie's game, but, realistically.. I'm in division 4, none of these players have more than 20,000 csr... should I even be thinking like this?

I recently saw a post for the Irish under 20s asking for players of 60,000csr ... so... should I not worry about training up the foreigners because in all likelihood they'll never be good enough to actually be selected?

Dont be

Some of them are already eligible to play for Ireland and the rest will become eligible after a few years:)

me thinks anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Dont be

Some of them are already eligible to play for Ireland and the rest will become eligible after a few years:)

me thinks anyway..

Nope, they stay the same nationality no matter how long they play in a country

• Advertisement
Advertisement